Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 07-12-2011, 04:32 PM

Default Precision Racing Products

http://www.gofasters.com/productdeta...atalogId=-2231

I have been running these shock and vibe mounts from Precision Racing Products for roughly 4 months now. I would guess that I have between 50 - 75 hours at least on the mounts. I have been extremely happy with the way that they have worked for me.

They are very easily adjusted with small shims that are included to increase the vibe dampening, or increase feel. The mounts soak up a good amount of vibes from riding and the motor while still maintaining control and a stable feel of the handlebars. I feel that they are by far easier to get used to than the Flex bars and the pricing is right compared to the Flex bars. I also like that the whole bar moves instead of just the end pushing down. One nice feature that I hadn't planned on was that it is about a 3/16" bar riser.

Just thought that you should know about this product. It was originally designed for atvs and is very popular in the quad market, but has made a smooth transition to the offroad cycle market.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:37 PM

How is the fit of the hardware through and under the top of the triple clamp?

I ask because my big complaint with my solid BRP clamps is that the bolts are 2x too long (heavy) and the nuts are too large in diameter (J.I.S. vs not, or whatever...) (heavy, wrong) to seat nicely like the stock hardware does. I had to use a stack of washers (heavy). And the whole thing was so unfitting (fugly) for my elegant GasGas that I went back to 7/8 bars.

-Dean
rides a work of art
Old 07-13-2011, 09:39 AM

Actually the fitment is spot on. The bolts are slightly shorter than the factory mounts. You use a washer and locking nut that is supplied to fasten and it is a seamless fitment. It comes with a bar pad that fits the mounts, but this is designed to fit everything from a quad to a bike, so it is slightly less than perfect but it does in fact work well. The actual mounts look very nice without the pad also. Weight on the PRP mounts was 1 lb .9 oz and the factory mounts were 11.4 oz so they are heavier, but not by much compared to other offerings for vibe dampening, including the inserts.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:44 AM

Nice. Thanks for the info.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:51 PM

That looks like a great product. I have problems with my hands falling asleep and my 300 is a shaker. I tried mounting a pair of Flexx bars on a Husky once and got frustrated with all the screwing around, trying to get everything to fit and sold them. How much of a range do you have with the elastomers?
Old 07-16-2011, 01:34 PM

Just thought of something. Do these mounts have the same issue of other "soft mounted handlebars"? Mainly, if you fall over, the bars get easily knocked out of alignment.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whlrcr View Post
Just thought of something. Do these mounts have the same issue of other "soft mounted handlebars"? Mainly, if you fall over, the bars get easily knocked out of alignment.
Have not yet readjusted my bars. Sadly, I hit alot of trees and fall down alot ha They stay put.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whlrcr View Post
That looks like a great product. I have problems with my hands falling asleep and my 300 is a shaker. I tried mounting a pair of Flexx bars on a Husky once and got frustrated with all the screwing around, trying to get everything to fit and sold them. How much of a range do you have with the elastomers?
Aside from having to take one side of the handlebar controls off, it is just a quick bolt on.

There is a good amount of adjustment, not much on the super soft side, I put in one of the 5 shim (for every shim it gets more solid). They would be what I would consider a solid step away from plush. When I hit really hard I can feel them move but they bounce right back.