Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2013, 12:08 AM

Default '06 FSE uncorked........

Well, this is a tough one. First, I've got the stock Krieger and an FMF exhaust. Krieger sounds good is very quiet and looks fantastic. Too bad the bike feels like a 250 with it on. Oh, it has "torque" and "winds out" and one might even think it "powerful" with it on. It does not have a spark arrestor btw although I can't imagine it needs one after seeing the guts! Swapping out for the FMF quickly shows how bad it is.

OK, so as not to leave well enough alone I removed the baffle from the end of the FMF. WOW! I then removed all the packing and guts.....yep, just the pipe going into the body with the end cap without the baffle. Well, it's loud, which I do not care at all about, it has a spark arrestor still in it and the bike feels like I went down a tooth on the front sprocket. I'm real happy at this point, except I hate the way the FMF looks!

So I did it. I gutted the Krieger. It was a bitch. Was worth it. Head pipe into body, body completely empty, end cap on. Looks like stock. It's loud, which I like and works as good as the gutted FMF! Since the FMF has a spark arrestor I can always stick it on if I'm going where I need one.

I like the bike loud because I ride it on the street and don't mind being heard!

I might add, my bike is faster than my buddy's '07 510 Husky in a drag race on pavement. At least up to where we chicken out.........

I'm very, very happy I destroyed my Krieger. It looks good and now it works good. The FMf can be put completely back together, not the Krieger. Which is just fine!
Ed
BTW....I tried just running with the FMF pipe and no muffler. Damn bike would not run! Stalled. Cut off. Stuck FMF muff. back on....back to normal! I'd have loved an open exhaust! I "ruined" the Krieger to get the performance of the gutted FMF and the beauty of it.
EDIT**** She's an '05 not '06!!!!!!!!

'05 450 FSE
'04 EC300
Street legal and tagged
Search for the wife's new bike has ended, lowered the 450 and 300....she's got a choice now! We're good!

Last edited by houndog; 10-18-2013 at 03:28 PM. Reason: because I'm an idiot.......