Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:41 AM

I have them too on Excell rim without any problems, but a firend used them on DID round shoulder rims and he looses the air pressure over 2 days.
I found out that when a litle bending is in the rim, you will not get them sealed.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:36 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Did you remove the nut from the high pressure tube...I couldn't get a good seal around the inner tube valve stem until I removed the nut...I use a tire sealant as well...no issues for the past year.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:48 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto9 View Post
Did you remove the nut from the high pressure tube...I couldn't get a good seal around the inner tube valve stem until I removed the nut...I use a tire sealant as well...no issues for the past year.
you talking about the nut at the base of the valve? If so i believe that must stay there or you run the chance of tearing the tube around the valve. The first versions didn't have the nut and i have experienced this tear
Old 06-22-2012, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazi_matt View Post
you talking about the nut at the base of the valve? If so i believe that must stay there or you run the chance of tearing the tube around the valve. The first versions didn't have the nut and i have experienced this tear
Ya that's the one...I don't run the nut on either the front or the rear tire and I use a rear trials tire.
Because it gets so nasty here (weather wise) I'm usually at 3-4 psi on the rear.

I just finished the Manua Kea 200 race, with no issues and have had no issues since I purchased the Tubliss more than a year ago.

I also change and/or flip tires about every month or two depending on wear, I don't let the tires get too worn out.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:33 AM

The new ones have a thick rubber pad on the inside and the small knurled nut on the outside of the HP tube valve. It shouldn't matter what tire or tire pressure you run, the inner tube should not move. Also, the newer ones have a rubber spacer under the rimlock in place of the old metal one. I wanted to update mine, and asked Jeff if I could purchase a couple as I did not see them on the sites store with the other spares. He sent them out the next day for free. What a great company.

Congrats on your Mauna Kea finish!
Old 06-22-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
The new ones have a thick rubber pad on the inside and the small knurled nut on the outside of the HP tube valve. It shouldn't matter what tire or tire pressure you run, the inner tube should not move. Also, the newer ones have a rubber spacer under the rimlock in place of the old metal one. I wanted to update mine, and asked Jeff if I could purchase a couple as I did not see them on the sites store with the other spares. He sent them out the next day for free. What a great company.

Congrats on your Mauna Kea finish!
Thanks,

I raced the "B" masters class and won 1st place in class....and first overall in the entire "B" class.
I had the lowest score out of all "A" class and "B" class riders.
So, got moved to "A" class.
Great to smoke all those new KTM's with my 08 GG
Old 06-22-2012, 12:58 PM

I would think so, being you actually won the A class from B. Awesome, thats some tough terrain. Been to the island and area but never rode there, just in Kauai.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:29 PM

he got it fixed... the slime trick did it.. we had a great ride today..

5 riders... 2 gg's... 2 yamahas( one was a 1987 yz250.. old school nice bike) and one pumkin..

great times..