Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Tell us all the gorey details!

Old 12-02-2007, 08:09 AM

Wink My first ride on my first gasgas!

Hi there! I am a guy from sweden who loves to ride enduro,motocross and offroad! I had many bikes over the years but this is my first gasgas.
Its a Ec250 2004. Last weekend i took it for a ride at the local enduro/motocross track. I was surprised how good it goes in the thight trail we have here! It works good at the motocross track too! Last bike i had before was a wr250f 2003.
I like my gasgas much better! It turns easily and have plenty of power!

Best regards/ Mattias Ekman from Sweden

Ps. Sorry if i spell wrong..

Old 01-13-2008, 08:44 PM

Default My 2004 GG MC250

I already have a 2005 GG EC 250.

The only difference between the EC and MC is that the MC flywheel is lighter, and the front shocks are 50mm instead of 45mm as found on the EC.

Now I have to say that "I love my Gassers" !!

The MC is a cornering monster. It just loves to turn. Wherever I wanted to put it, it just went there. I am used to a kind of out of control coasting feeling (mostly from riding in deep sand). On good solid grippy soil I had to learn how to actualy tell the MC EXACTLY where I wanted it - and it went there. Not mostly there or a little past there, but exactly there ! Every time!!

It also goes very nicely in streight lines !! I went across about a half mile of boulder - strewn whoops and she just ate it all up. Went where I pointed her and ate up trail like it was taffy.

I do think the larger front shocks did add some stability.

The power delivery was just as deliberate and stable as my EC, but it had slightly more of an on/off feel due to the lighter flywheel.

I set out to do some suspension tuning on my new bike, but left all settings just as I had found them.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:22 AM

Hi FFRDave! So you mean if i want to have the mc powerband it is only to buy the mc flywheel? If so it would be easy to change the powerband if i want to!

I still like my first gasgas! The bike feels solid and is easy to service and so on.
The only thing i replaced since i bought it in october last year is piston and throttle cable.

Best regards Mattias.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:37 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

Ekman,
There is another difference between the enduro and motocross engine.
On the right (clutch) side of enduro engine's crankshaft, there is an 8 oz "balancing weight" (where the counterbalancer drive gear rode in the early model Gassers).
In the same place on the MC 250, there is a very lightweight aluminum spacer, instead; which further reduces flywheel inertia/weight.

Good Riding to You!

Jim
'11 Gas Gas EC250 (primary ride)
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
'04 KTM 525EXC (soon to be dual sported)
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi19/wudi19.html
http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/