Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > NorthEast United States

NorthEast United States East of the Mississippi River & North of Mason/Dixon Line

Old 10-27-2007, 07:21 AM

Default Gas-Gas in Northern New England.

I know we have a Trials dealer and I'm not sure if he'll get involved in the "big" bikes. My question is...Is there enough of a market "up here" to support a "small" shop.

I obviously know the shop would have to diversify and offer products and services to a wider customer base other then Gas-Gas riders. As some of you know I've been in the business for the better part of 18 years and I was also involved with Gas-Gas for 2 years at a previous shop.

I have the knowledge and customer service skills to operate my own place. It's a risky venture at best. I'm currently employed out of the industry but my heart lies in dirt biking as a choice of "career."

I see an opportunity "up here' for a shop that will provide quality services and products to the "off road" crowd. I also have seen a shift away from customers using the "dot-com" companies and coming back to shops for more personal service.

I know the internet is hard to compete against as the big "warehouse" on-line dealers have much better pricing. It took years for me to build up a solid customer base, based on trust and quality customer service.

I've sent Dale an e-mail about dealer development info as soon as they figure out the criteria. It used to be a dealer would have to buy 6 bikes up front. If that's still the case I'm out. I'll wait and see what they come up with.

"Nothing ventured, Nothing gained."

Old 10-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

I hope things work out for you Bob. I saw this coming a while ago.

Good luck.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:29 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Same here but you knew that already.