Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 12-17-2014, 12:51 AM

Hmm ok, I have enough parts to figure it out, also with the elektrical wiring.

My only doubts are the hard (mechnanical) parts.
Must decide today, So i hope there is somebody with the right answer .

Old 12-17-2014, 03:54 AM

Stator covers are the same, LHS PV cover is the same, pretty sure crankshaft and therefore flywheel is the same which also means ringgear would be the same. Bendix and starter motor are the same.
Confirm with parts fiche that the crank, flywheel and ringgear between '11 and '13 are the same. If so it will work.

Previous:
2011 Gas Gas EC300 ELC
2004 KTM 300 EXC
Old 12-19-2014, 12:55 AM

Thank you, I have purchased the e-start conversion kit
Old 01-29-2015, 12:31 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I haven't been hanging around here lately but someone asked me about the part number for the Honda scooter Bendix so I came back to look at this thread. I see you guys have been talking about me ;-) I had an interesting experience as a result of this thread I thought I would share. I get a PM from this forum from a guy who lives in Brazil. He starts off apologizing for his bad English as he is using Google translator to convert to English. We ended up also talking via e-mail. All his correspondence ends with the word "Hugs". I tried to reverse translate that into Portugese and can't come up with what that really means. I was thinking it might be the same as "Regards" or "Thanks" or something like that. Maybe it's simply a traditional Brazilian thing to say "Hugs" to people?

Anyway, he tells me that he saw this thread and has the same problem and needs a new Bendix. I don't remember the details of the money numbers but he's telling me that with an import duty a new Bendix from GG ends up being something like $385 so he's interested in my Honda Bendix idea and has found one on Amazon but shipping to Brazil is ridiculous expensive. What he asks me is if he can purchase on Amazon and have the part shipped to me, at which time I will disassemble the Bendix and mail him only the parts he needs.

It's too strong a word to say that I was suspicious but I thought it might be something I didn't want to be involved in. On the chance that he was legit I wanted to help him out so I tell him I need to check how much shipping would be to Brazil from Pennsylvania. I find out that shipping would be about 10-12 dollars so I tell him I'm game. He asks for my address and given my trepidation about all this I give him my work address. About two days later the Bendix shows up at work. I take it apart and mail him what he needs. About a month later he sends me an e-mail that he received the part and gives me another "Hug"

I have since located him on Facebook and what I see is a middle aged man with a family and pictures of him and dirt bikes. It was an interesting experience and I was very happy to help him out.

"Hugs" from Pennsylvania.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:24 AM

Nice to hear .

As mentioned above I have bought and installed a e-start conversion kit.
Aftter installing the bendix was spinning a lot but nog engaging.
With the knowladge of this tread I stretched the spring, which is a very easy and quick fix, and bam! it is engaging for 100%!
Also a good battery is reccomended.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:00 PM

First off thanks to Bobt250 and all the others who put input into this thread.
Got a new bendix today and now understand how it should operate. Did as suggested, and after a little blood swapped parts over to GasGas gear.
One thing I noticed was the inner helical thread on the counter weight was worn out. That would explain a lot.
All back in the bike now and so far so good. Didnt stretch the spring yet.....
So if you think the gears are not engaging, it might be a worn internal helical gear.
Hope this makes sense!

Biff

Last edited by Biff; 03-24-2015 at 01:50 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:54 AM

That's good info Biff. The bendix does need lubrication. It's not something you want to ignore. Any water that gets in the ignition cover has the potential to wash some oil out of the bendix.
Old 05-15-2015, 04:24 AM

Thanks for this! I stretched the spring, added washers and also bought a lithium battery (probobly didnt need one but the old one was bad anyway). Started right up!
Didnt stretch my spring as much as in the picture but it worked. Also sprayed lithium grease inside the bendix. Ive got the 2013 ec300e.
Old 05-18-2015, 01:38 PM

Stretched the spring and fired up easier, but still not perfect and especially at cold starts.

Purchased and swapped the gasgas bendix with the honda bendix and it is perfect! No loosse spinnings and engaging everytime!
Also less mechanical sound
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (108.6 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (116.0 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (117.7 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (118.7 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (116.9 KB, 148 views)
Old 05-19-2015, 11:42 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSM2 View Post
Stretched the spring and fired up easier, but still not perfect and especially at cold starts.

Purchased and swapped the gasgas bendix with the honda bendix and it is perfect! No loosse spinnings and engaging everytime!
Also less mechanical sound
Looking at photo #4, I see a lot of exposed shaft. How did you get the parts to compress that much? Mine seemed pretty firm when I tried to compress it to get enough clearance to get that clip off.

Thanks in advance.
Jim

'11 Gas Gas EC250 (primary ride)
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
'04 KTM 525EXC (soon to be dual sported)
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi19/wudi19.html
http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/