Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 06-22-2014, 02:13 PM

Default CR250 Clutch & Piston / Gas Gas Kickstart Questions

So I've bought a new CR250R clutch kit, I have followed the advise as per the sticky.
what I want to get confirmation on is the suzuki part that I have.
so basically I am swapping the original G.G. one for this??
and the new washer should enable the CR250 clutch to fit (see pictures)

Also purchased a Wiseco Pro lite piston kit for a CR250 86-96 which I know will fit, question i am asking is..will a CR250 small end bearing fit the conrod or is it a gas gas only part?

Next up, I was having trouble with the kickstarter,well more of a annoying niggle
the lever would go down at least 1/2 travel before engaging,leaving only a little bit left to start, also sometimes the kicker would slip,I read on here somewhere to pull the spring a little bit so I have done this,I have inspected the teeth and they all look good.

also the black kickstart return stop or whatever it is correctly called (shown in pictures) does that adjust or just leave it alone??

Many Thanks
pictures below
Attached Images
File Type: jpg suzuki thrust washer.jpg (97.8 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg CAM00322.jpg (118.4 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg CAM00319.jpg (115.0 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg Re-exposure of CAM00325.jpg (122.9 KB, 39 views)

Old 06-22-2014, 08:29 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Dunno about the clutch.
Little end bearing is a common size to many bikes.Oem honda is as cheap as anywhere else.pt num 91015-KSK-731.
You've done all you can to the kstart by exstendoing the spring.The return spring isn't adjustable but you'll know when it's wrong bc lever wont return all the way.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

I'll have a picture in one of my engine rebuild threads that shows the correct installed position for the kick start return spring.

In regards to the clutch I imagine it will be a matter of taking some measurements and comparing it all against stock to confirm it will fit correctly. Even if someone said 'yes, thats right', you'd be made to take their word and bolt it together without at least double checking some figures yourself.
Old 06-23-2014, 01:10 AM

GasMonkey

thanks for the info regarding the small end bearing, a part number too so thats a bonus i'll get one ordered from honda.

Jakobi

thanks I'll check out your engine rebuild thread
Old 06-23-2014, 01:21 PM

This thread lays it all out http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9383 The Suzuki washer in your picture is the correct one. I have done the conversion with my Rekluse, BTW I had no complaints about GG clutches but I can have a Honda set here over night if I need them.....I'm running EBC CF series clutches right now. For my conversion w/Recluse I would have liked the washer to be a bit thinner but no issues with it right out of the bag
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 06-23-2014, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1956 View Post
This thread lays it all out http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9383 The Suzuki washer in your picture is the correct one. I have done the conversion with my Rekluse, BTW I had no complaints about GG clutches but I can have a Honda set here over night if I need them.....I'm running EBC CF series clutches right now. For my conversion w/Recluse I would have liked the washer to be a bit thinner but no issues with it right out of the bag

happy that it's the right one, it's a no brainer for both pistons & clutches from the CR,rather than the ridiculous prices gasgas charge, and this is what puts people off buying the brand.
people seem to give KTM lots of stick but thats why it's the biggest brand in off road right now because they have all the dealer networks and spare parts.

I had a KTM 125 years ago '94 maybe and it was excellent it was a miles better ride than either my mates KX or RM
that little company from mattighofen in austria is now BIG!!

btw fredster whats the torque for the clutch hub nut??

thanks
Old 06-23-2014, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage sausage View Post
happy that it's the right one, it's a no brainer for both pistons & clutches from the CR,rather than the ridiculous prices gasgas charge, and this is what puts people off buying the brand.
people seem to give KTM lots of stick but thats why it's the biggest brand in off road right now because they have all the dealer networks and spare parts.

I had a KTM 125 years ago '94 maybe and it was excellent it was a miles better ride than either my mates KX or RM
that little company from mattighofen in austria is now BIG!!

btw fredster whats the torque for the clutch hub nut??

thanks
60Nm or 44 ftlbs
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro