Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:48 AM

Default Dodgy ignition

I wanted to relay my experience with my 13' e-start. When I went to see it for the first time my dealer started it and it fired up immediately. Fast forward a week when I got it home I couldn't get it to start. I tried for a minute with no luck and then I shut the key off and came back a little later. It fired right up and I couldn't figure it out. I replaced the OEM battery with a Shorai and I didn't have a problem for a long time. Then out of the blue after removing the headlight and switch, it wouldn't start. I fiddled with it and tried hooking up the electrics back up. Took everything off again and it started. I never linked it to an electrical issue. Last Tuesday I was riding my local practice field and it shut off on me. Now, I actually had to push it home. I checked fuel and I also checked spark, both were good. Put the plug back in and it wouldn't start. Crank and crank, nothing. I turned the key off and on and it started. Is it the keyed ignition? I decided to remove the ignition switch.

After I hard wired the ignition the bike ran better. It would never idle on its own while on choke before. Now it does. It idles really strong, I don't have to blip the throttle to keep it running. I know it had spark, because I checked, but is it possible the dodgy ignition would degrade the spark? I'm sharing my experience because this could cause some serious down time if I didn't stumble on the cause. Any thoughts?