Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 01-20-2007, 11:43 PM

Default Seat problems

I’m hoping to reinstall the stock tank on this 2001 XC300, but the tall seat will not work. If I install the tall seat with the stock tank the rear seat mounts are raised above the sub frame and when I push the back of the seat down it rips the tank bracket right out. I’ve
used larger screws for the tank seat mounting bracket, but they have pulled out and the bushing in the tank is now broken. I’m wondering if I need a different base. My seat base, based on the part number seems to be for a 2000 250, and it is curved much like that of an XR type seat (not flat like the GG seat, but bent up at the front). Based on the photos of the ec/xc 300’s the seat looks flatter and more streamlined. Is there a base that I need to order for the stock tank? The present seat works well with the large desert tank, but I was hoping to use the stock tank/seat setup and make it more streamlined. I checked SDG, but they don’t make a seat for the GasGas, anyone know what I should do. The present seat will not bend to fit the slimmer/shorter tank.

Thanks for any input.

Old 01-21-2007, 09:32 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Did you purchase the bike new? I remember fitting an aftermarket tank to a 2002 model - using an earlier model tank (IMS) along with an earlier model seat.

I assume the tank that you are removing is an IMS?

I think your problem is that you do, indeed, have a '00 seat on your bike to mate with the IMS tank. If so, you will need to pick up a new seat - I would suggest giving www.gofasters.com a call. They purchased alot of parts when an importer sold off their stock in 2002. They probably have a 2001 seat for you.

jeff
Old 01-21-2007, 10:33 PM

Thanks Jeff, I got the bike used with the IMS tank and the 00 seat. I'll give the guys a call Monday.