Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 06-27-2015, 02:43 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

As an employer I believe that finding great people with great work ethics is very difficult . I try to bring in people and train them , that way they are really effective . BUT if they are not motivated there is no hope . As I see it countries and companies are very much alike . Work hard , be honest , work smart ,and be motivated . I would like to know how many times these people that run countries work 65 hours a week on a short week ? And do it their whole career . The other thing is are they honest with them selves and to the people who put them there ? So I for one am worried about what is to come out of this Euro fallout by Greece ? We will find out soon enough , then what is next ?

Old 06-28-2015, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post
This is true but 100 million is still an outlandish number. That is 1/3 of the total population of the U.S. Including children, elderly, and disabled. Which would mean 100 million would be well over half the able bodied adults in the U.S. I was just trying to say that someone shouldn't be throwing outlandish unemployment numbers around that are nowhere near correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It may seem an outlandish number, but Kneehurts wasn't wrong when he mentioned it. According to your own BLS, there are almost 95 million U.S. Adults not in the workforce.
There are several factors at play here; increasing numbers of retirees, increasing prison populations and rapidly increasing welfare recipients(people who gave up looking for work).
The U.S. Economy isn't quite as rosy as the Feds would like people to believe. In fact the US is pretty much bankrupt when one looks at the hard numbers; unpayable debt that keeps climbing by billions a day. Over a million in public debt & obligations for every adult, plus heaps more in personal debt.

The Greek situation seems to be deteriorating, as there were reports of some heavy bank runs going into the weekend. There's now some speculation that several banks may not be able to open Monday AM...
Old 06-28-2015, 03:56 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

technology-computers,robotics,mechanisation have erased huge no's of jobs worldwide.govt's everywhere take the easy option to try and create new jobs-they add yet another level of bureaucracy.over time you get a top heavy govt where the bureaucrats get paid more than the 'real job' workers.eventually the cost of bureaucracy starts to choke a country's economy as the tax collection required gets screwed out of the ever diminishing productive workforce.govt's borrow,borrow,borrow to keep the wheels turning then pass on the basket case when they are voted out.too many people,not enough real jobs,rich get richer,poor dont.same old story all over the world.only winners are the banks who all but own the world.have a look into the world bank which owns most of the worlds banks and has a mission statement of financially dominating the world(even if that means asset stripping some of the poorest countries in the world)
interestingly the US federal bank has a 51% stake in the world bank...