Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:35 PM

Default Trials bike and enduro parts?

Does anyone know if the GasGas trials bike parts and the enduro parts are both distributed by the same wholesaler, Gofasters? Also do the trials bike dealers have to compete with the wholesaler in the retail market just like the enduro dealers do?

I'm looking in to buying another trials bike and would like to know this before I make a choice.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:42 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lankydoug View Post
Does anyone know if the GasGas trials bike parts and the enduro parts are both distributed by the same wholesaler, Gofasters? Also do the trials bike dealers have to compete with the wholesaler in the retail market just like the enduro dealers do?

I'm looking in to buying another trials bike and would like to know this before I make a choice.
i dont think so.. when i had my 02 txt200 and needed a few parts, i had to go thru a trials dealer.. gf could not get them.. they did, however, help me to correctly identify it...
would love to have another one, should have never sold it..
Old 03-15-2012, 12:54 PM

Hey Doug, I'm still waiting to hear from my Beta source BUT my GG trials source is always ready to help me....GG has been no issue for me at this point and I've had mine for 2 years now
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 03-15-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lankydoug View Post

Parts for the trails bikes are handled by a separate entity trialspartsusa.com. I don't believe that they sell direct to the public, and it even took awhile to get them to sell me, as a GasGas enduro (but not trials) dealer, parts.

As a related aside, GoFasters is weaning themselves off of the current model retail market as well, beginning I think with the 2011 model year, although Mark would be a better one to give a definitive answer.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 03-15-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
As a related aside, GoFasters is weaning themselves off of the current model retail market as well, beginning I think with the 2011 model year, although Mark would be a better one to give a definitive answer.
What does "weaning themselves off" mean? No longer distribute/sell parts, or distribute, but not sell to retail? Can you please elaborate? Thanks.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz11 View Post
What does "weaning themselves off" mean? No longer distribute/sell parts, or distribute, but not sell to retail? Can you please elaborate? Thanks.
As best as I understand they (GoFasters) are directing riders of 2011 and 12 bikes to dealers for parts - although we stock parts for many model years before that and welcome that business - while still retailing accessories and OE parts for models 2010 and prior. They remain the exclusive importer of GasGas enduro bike parts into the US.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 03-15-2012, 04:01 PM

Got it. Thanks.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:25 PM
Site Sponsor

Default trials parts

We do stock some trials parts but get them all from the trials parts distributors in Rising Sun Imports, but i don't know too much about them...wheres the dang seat?

Lewis Sport in California is a larger trials dealer and knowledgable with the trials industry and all brand trials bikes.

But most of your local dealers can and will help with both enduro and trial. Rising Sun has a very good database on their website as well.

Two Wheels is correct about our agreement with GG offroad.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:18 PM

if there is no local dealer can gofasters still get us parts?
Old 03-15-2012, 08:20 PM
Administrator

I have ordered parts directly from Rising Sun in the past.... But it was a long time ago. The website for them is at www.trialspartsusa.com and jim snell the owner knows more about the trials bikes than anyone else...

jeff