Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > GasGas Member Polls

GasGas Member Polls Find out what everyone thinks about it!

View Poll Results: Would you buy a new bike direct from the manufacturer?
Yes 23 67.65%
No 11 32.35%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAS GAS 360 View Post
Guys the GAS GAS 2 & 4 strokes have met all California CARB requirements and can be bought and sold here in CALIFORNIA it is the Enduro Importer who does not qualify to sell bikes here in CALIFORNIA lets tell it how it really is.

CARB has examined and passed our 2013 GAS GAS Race bikes and stickered them so lets all stop the BS.
TJ. I really get the impression from your posts that you have a somewhat hidden agenda to slander the current GG Dist. I am not the only one who has noticed this. Your posts always have a hint of anger towards GG Offroad US and the lack of support that they gave your "team".

I have spoken to Clay Stuckey about this and he says he cannot sell bikes in California as GG is not registered with the Cali DMV as a manufacturer. It is not a CARB issue.

Second, how can the current GG 4 stroke engine be certified by CARB? There are NONE of them in NA to test. Yamaha made it very clear to GG that no Yamaha powered GG Motorcycles were to be shipped to NA or GG would be in breach of their contract and would risk further engine purchases from Yamaha.

I think you need to get your facts straight before you get on here and spout this nonsense.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:32 PM

Interesting. Who's responsible for registering as a manufacturer in California?

This brings up a question. I have a Russian UAZ-469. Would this mean even though it's insured and plated in my State, I couldn't register it in Cali? I can assure you UAZ isn't registered as a manufacturer. There's Pinzgauers all over the State. How did they get registered if this is the rule?
Old 10-15-2013, 07:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ud_luz View Post
Interesting. Who's responsible for registering as a manufacturer in California?

This brings up a question. I have a Russian UAZ-469. Would this mean even though it's insured and plated in my State, I couldn't register it in Cali? I can assure you UAZ isn't registered as a manufacturer. There's Pinzgauers all over the State. How did they get registered if this is the rule?
Once again these are two separate issues.
One is CARB. GG and Sherco are red sticker approved in CA because I paid Harrison and Wolf to complete the process. CARB has NOTHING to do with setting up dealers in CA. I or dealers outside of CA can sell bikes to customers in CA and they can get a red sticker and title because I spent $1500 per brand to have this done. Mr. Austin was able to get a red sticker for his motorcycles because I spent the time and money to get CARB red sticker approval for both brands.

Two: The CA DMV, since 9/11, made a rule that new manufacturers that want to set up dealers and sell motorcycles in CA thru those dealers have to be approved. To be approved the CEO of the company has to submit fingerprints on a certain type of format that is not available in Europe to prove that the company he runs in not a front for terrorists.. Companies like Honda and Kawasaki that have been doing business in CA for years are grandfathered in. New companies like Sherco and GG must go through this process.

This is what I have been dealing with for three years with CA. How in the hell this effects a Russian whatever the hell you're talking about....I have no idea and don't care. All I can tell you is that I CAN sell motorcycles in CA but I CAN"T set up dealers in CA. It has been stated on Chilly White's Enduro 360 website that I can't do business in CA because I have "legal issues" in CA as if I am some f'ing criminal or something. In another thread here back a few moths ago I was again accused of having "legal issues" that kept me from doing business in CA. Mr. Austin pretty much says the same thing when he says it is ....the Enduro Importer who does not qualify." Some of the trials companies have been selling bikes under the radar in CA by having the importer handle the paperwork so it does not run through the dealer even though the dealer technically sold it. I refuse to do business that way because it is illegal but I am being labeled as a criminal because I respect the law even though I don't agree with it.
Ud Luz please don't think I am directing this to you personally. I'm not. This is a general statement to anyone who wants to make another accusation. If another person claims that I can not do business in CA because I don't qualify or because I have legal issues....you can count on hearing from my attorney. I will not be labeled a criminal when it is the manufacturer who is not approved. Now...I'm done with this subject once again.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:34 AM

Hey, don't get pissed at me, I wasn't part of this fight. I was just curious how the State handled vehicles that obviously nobody had ever contacted the State or CARB. I'm guessing now that they are grandfathered vehicles which would have been a simple answer to my question.

It had nothing to do with you, GasGas, Martians or anything else.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ud_luz View Post
Hey, don't get pissed at me, I wasn't part of this fight. I was just curious how the State handled vehicles that obviously nobody had ever contacted the State or CARB. I'm guessing now that they are grandfathered vehicles which would have been a simple answer to my question.

It had nothing to do with you, GasGas, Martians or anything else.
Sorry! I didn't mean to jump on you. I hope you understand that this is an extremely touchy topic with me.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:17 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Clay,

It should be illegal how you kick ass at hare scrambles and enduro. 50+? Please. I wasn't that fast at 22.*%#@*

Please hang in there sir. 99.9% of us appreciate what you have done.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Sorry! I didn't mean to jump on you. I hope you understand that this is an extremely touchy topic with me.
Sorry, I probably overreacted a bit too.

Honestly I'm so sick and tired of the BS that I'm closing the doors of my company I started in 1978 on Jan 1st. Still quite profitable but instead of in the field doing what I do best, I spend endless hours conforming to all the mindless paperwork, regulations and taxes the Communists keep layering on us.

It's also bad enough dealing with just Kansas and Missouri, unlike you that has to deal with all 50. I don't envy you.