Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Injury & Recovery

Injury & Recovery Injuries, Health Issues, Vision & Body Repair

Old 10-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Site Sponsor

I had surgery on both wrists and there are no issues now. I wish my doc would drill out my elbows but he wants to relocate my ulnar nerve instead and I am not thrilled with that. The best change I've done to help my wrists from aching after riding has been buying my Nambotin, those TTX fork inserts are so good that I have no sore wrists after riding anymore. I hear the biggest complaint about the Flexxbars is that you can feel the extra weight up high.

'07 EC300 sold
'06 EC300 sold
'78 Suzuki RM250C2
'75 Yamaha YZ250B sold

Old 10-02-2012, 09:53 AM

Really? I don't feel any extra weight, plus they are not really that much heavier anyway. To me the biggest issue is tying the bike down in the truck, you have to use soft ties on the inner bar and not compress the elastomers. Also, since the inner bar is straight you have less room for fork bleeders. This is really only an issue with the PFP fork as the bleed hole is in the PFP aduster and must turn, clear the bar, and be accessable.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:40 PM

GMP, you can get several per year in certain areas, such as lower back. I usually get 3 per year. I have no disc left at L5-S1, and have severe nerve damage with scar tissue where the disc used to be. They inject the stuff between the vertebre, away from the spinal cord to break up and reduce the scar tissue formation which presses on the nerve. If I didn't have the injections I would have to have at least 1 surgery per year to clean it all up and in my case injections are better than surgery.

You are correct that you can get too many shots in certain areas. After 12 shots over 3 years they would not do any more in my shoulder. The doc didn't want to do even one in my elbow, but I convinced him to do a little of it to verify if my hand weakness was carpal tunnel or elbow related. He said he would'nt do another one in the elbow even if it helped due to potential damage. It all depends on the part of the body and the exact diagnosis how many they will do.

When they do the low back ones, they usually don't hurt too much, but occasionally they hit a nerve, and it feels like a hard electric shock down my leg which then is sore for several days. Overall, I think the shots are worth it in my case, because they can't surgically repair the low b ack injury. I've had 2 surgeries and they just did what they could.

As always, find a good doc, and if you have any doubts get a second opinion. I got 3 opinions before I had my first back surgery, they all agreed so I did it. I also got 2 opinions before starting the shots. Again, my injury was uncommon and somewhat unique.