Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Injury & Recovery

Injury & Recovery Injuries, Health Issues, Vision & Body Repair

Old 07-12-2013, 10:52 AM

Default good luck, fellas........

Well, I think this is my last post in this section. It will be 6 weeks tomorrow and my knee "is back". It is far from perfect, crunches, burns a little and still a little stiff but I am HAPPY! For a while I was more worried than I let on. I almost considered seeing a doctor. I've never turned that purple over such a large area in my life. Not being able to bend my knee for a few weeks was a little unsettling. It's all over now, I can start the 300 easily and riding causes no issues. It's on like Donkey Kong.

Good luck fellas, I hope you all recover as fully and quickly as I have. At 57 I can't complain about 6 short weeks......yea, I can, it SUCKED to not be able to ride!
Ed
ps.....with every ride my knee feels stronger......no braces, no knee supports, no ace bandage........

'05 450 FSE
'04 EC300
Street legal and tagged
Search for the wife's new bike has ended, lowered the 450 and 300....she's got a choice now! We're good!

Old 07-12-2013, 06:36 PM

I too am 57, and wouldn't consider leaving the pavement without my Asterisk braces on both knees. Also if I had the type injuries described I would have seen the doc weeks ago and happily too. Knees are something that, unless you have had problems, we all take very much for granted. It's never too late to have a quick check up...
Old 07-12-2013, 08:12 PM

GGtrials, I would have gone to doctor too except it seemed better to save the money and put it toward the next GG.

Seriously, the crash tore my face but I do not think was the sole problem with the knee. It was fine after the fail and up until after I kicked those damn Husky's. I really do think I tore stuff then and coupled with the bang on the knee cap it was a perfect storm.

You're right, taking them for granted can end a fellows riding. Pain,most guys can deal with, not being able to bend them (literally) means the end of a lot of things we take for granted.

I was lucky, will heal up fine it looks like and therefore have no complaints.

For you other fellows fighting through really bad stuff I wish you the best and a speedy recovery.

Ed

'05 450 FSE
'04 EC300
Street legal and tagged
Search for the wife's new bike has ended, lowered the 450 and 300....she's got a choice now! We're good!