Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Other...

Old 02-09-2009, 09:17 PM

Default 05 ec250 and 08 300

I have an 05 ec250 and I'm looking to get a newer bike like an 07 or newer GG 300. My thought was that I'd take the parts from the 05 and transplant them onto the new bike. My question is which parts would cross over? I have ohlins forks, I'm assuming these would cross, but there are a ton of LTR parts that I'm wondering about. Could anyone let me know what issues I might encounter and if this is a good plan?
I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:18 AM

All the LTR parts should fit, except maybe a pipe guard. The ohlins forks will require the lower triple clamp off the 05, but otherwise it's a direct swap. This is the beauty of the GasGas. They have a solid design so instead of re-inventing the wheel every couple of years, they continue to refine their design. I can swap a lot of parts between my 01, my 07 and the 09 I rode in Greece.