Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:45 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Default Jackets

Looking to buy a jacket $100 range Fly patrol ,moose expedition, one battalion
Any recommendations + -s
Thanks
Stoby

Old 11-05-2013, 01:35 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I have an ARC Jacket. Not bad for the price point, but the pants aren't anything special. But, the jacket has removable sleeves and several big body vents, pretty nice pockets and everything else. I would recommend the jacket at this price as a good rain jacket. Not warm, but it's pretty waterproof for a while.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...er-Jacket-2014
Old 11-12-2013, 11:30 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default jackets

I had a Thor ride jacket for several years, very durable, decent venting, and a huge pocket across the back. Which was good for extra gloves,goggles,etc

I have a Moose vest currently, waterproof in front and full vent in back. Works good here in PNW with all the moisture, but able to keep from over heating. I like the vest for spring/fall when a full jacket isn't needed, or in the morning and stuff it into hydration pack when it warms up
Old 11-12-2013, 11:49 PM
Administrator

I see some Scott Jackets on closeout - nylon. Does anyone have any experience with scott gear?

thanks,
jeff
Old 11-19-2013, 11:09 AM

Stoby,

I recently purchased this.

http://www.bobscycle.com/fly-racing-...FcZV4god-HUALA

Great value.

Blocks wind VERY well.

Sleeves come on and off real easy.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscook View Post
I have an ARC Jacket. Not bad for the price point, but the pants aren't anything special. But, the jacket has removable sleeves and several big body vents, pretty nice pockets and everything else. I would recommend the jacket at this price as a good rain jacket. Not warm, but it's pretty waterproof for a while.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...er-Jacket-2014
I think maybe they changed it since you bought it. The sleeves do not look removable now. I have been looking at enduro/trials jackets lately and was looking at that one. I doubt I would ever take the sleeves off but for some reason I want to be able to lol.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:23 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Default bought one battalion

Bought the battalion it was on clearance for $80 at rmatv 2xl was a little worried as it fit kind of snug but managed to fit my whole armor suit underneath no problem. Only wore it once so far was comfortable but it was a warm day and I was too hot. I also bought the pants too unhappy there as I bought a 40 and can wear 36-8s and they fit like those skinny jeans barely get my leg in never mind knee gear.Sending pants back but keeping jacket.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
I think maybe they changed it since you bought it. The sleeves do not look removable now. I have been looking at enduro/trials jackets lately and was looking at that one. I doubt I would ever take the sleeves off but for some reason I want to be able to lol.
I just ordered the ARC from Rocky mouontain, no the sleeves don't come off. I'm very impressed with it, unfortunately the reviews say they run small and the reviews are correct. I wear a XXXL up top be it a t-shirt, shop jacket, or winter coat. This 3X fits like a small XXL or a large XL, the zipper won't even meet across my chest and the sleeves are short. At least I don't have to ship it back, my riding buddy wants it since it fits him.

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)
Old 11-27-2013, 10:42 AM
Banned

I picked up one of the GasGas jackets that are on close out. I should have bought on sooner. It is a quality built jacket, a little on the heavy side....J/K. It is really nice.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
I picked up one of the GasGas jackets that are on close out. I should have bought on sooner. It is a quality built jacket, a little on the heavy side....J/K. It is really nice.
How is the sizing? I was thinking of ordering one, they look to be a solid design.

I think they are Hebo, like the trials gear...but don't know for sure.

Thanks,