Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Site Sponsor

Default loading up after new top end?

so i replated my top end, and it's been broken in. i still need to re-shim my pv, it clatters, i could see the slop when i reassembled, just haven't gotten to it. gonna do it when i fix my kicker.

but here's the issue:

it seems to load up when i wack the throttle, and struggles to get on the pipe/rev out. i can clutch it, and zing the throttle a few times and it cleans up/will rev out. or if i hold it wide open it will eventually get on the pipe. until then, it stutters like it's rich.

my normal jetting on this motor at this elevation and temperature has been perfect in the past:

1.5 a/s, n1eg #2, 172, 42pilot.

i dropped the needle to #1, and it didn't fix it.
i leaned the a/s to 1.75 and it didn't fix it.

the plug does not look rich, nor does the bike act rich except when i transition from the pilot directly to the main. like exiting the woods onto a big straight. 1/4 throttle to 3/4-wot...

i don't want to go leaner on the main, when it eventually gets on the pipe, it's running great, it's just the getting it to that point that's the issue. yes i've changed the plug. bike runs perfect up to 1/4 throttle, and if i stay on the pipe it runs great, it's just got this big stutter in between sometimes... i thought it was jetting, but maybe it's powervalve flutter? i don't have it against the stop yet, i can hear it clunking...

any suggestions????

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com

Last edited by stainlesscycle; 08-28-2012 at 04:31 PM.