Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2022, 10:11 AM

Smile The usual suspension topic, need some help

Hey guys! I'm needing some help over here. Overall I have very bad suspension problems. To give you context, I have my 2010(?) GasGas EC 300 since the end of 2019. For the fist half - 1 year, I didn't really mess with the suspension because when I got it we replaced the seals and put new oil in it. The bottom right fork leg is toast, or at least the nut around the Compression clicker (We can't get that out) so we couldn't disassemble it fully but we cleaned is as good as possible. After like 8 months I got to the point when I needed to set my suspension correctly because it felt weird. The front fork seems like it does "stick" in the first 5-6cm, it wouldn't rebound to it's fully extended length(it doesn't seem like the bike's weight pushing it down). BTW it has a 48mm Marzocchi front fork and Sach something rear shock. About 3 months ago I started to jump bigger tables (on our endurocross track, not motocross) and it started bottoming out. We then put I think 7.5w oil in it and it fixed it BUT this weekend I vent to a local sand mx track (not a high speed track, barely could shift out of 3rd) and it was very rough. I thought if I softened(?)(turned counter clockwise) my rebound and my compression a little bit it would help. And it did, BUT when I was all the way out, it felt like it needed to be just slightly more softer and it would be perfect. So my question is what are your guys' settings? And on the Sach shock which one is the high-speed and low-speed dampening? I am 85 kg's and I mostly ride slow technical, and endurocross type stuff.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gasser.jpg (118.6 KB, 21 views)

Tags
2009 300, 2010, 2011 gas gas, ec300 2012, suspension