Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Old 03-07-2017, 08:08 PM

Default 2006 EC200 ReHab

Picked this little neglected thing up about a year ago. She was ridden hard, and put away dirty, a lot. There was not a good bearing left, the shock was leaking, the forks were cashed, drive train was shot, power valve probably had not been cleaned in years, front wheel was not just bent, but cracked. She was in pretty bad shape.

To go along with the above abuse and neglect. This is what she looked like on the day I brought her home. Much to my Beautiful Brides Dismay, this little girl made six dirt bikes......

This was truly a labor of love. After many hours spent in the shop, many days, weeks even, waiting on parts. I finally ended up with a truly amazing little woods bike.

Needless to say, there was no bolt unturned during this rehab. Stripped her to the frame and went through every bearing, bushing and torque spec. The bottom end was in OK shape and only needed a set of seals. A Wossner piston kit later and she was screaming again. Valved and re-sprung the forks and shocks, and she has impeccable manners, for my skill level anyway.

Since these pics, I have added BRP submount for the Scotts Dampener, Flex Bars, a ClakeOne clutch, and a Rekluse clutch cover for more oil capacity. Just about all of my riding mates are on 4-Strokes, and not one of them has not gotten off this bike with a smile.

Keep on Premixing Kids!

Cheers Ken

Old 03-08-2017, 06:38 AM

Nice job.
Did the swingarm pivot bolt come out without a fight?
Old 03-08-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian VT View Post
Nice job.
Did the swingarm pivot bolt come out without a fight?
That would of been a miracle. Once I had the front end, engine, and subframe removed. I laid it on it's side on the lift and Kroiled the bejesus out of both sides. Some love with a piece of brass and hammer, and out she slide, after about a week of soaking.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:49 PM

I fought two days heheh finally won this battle but not without victims
I had to order a new pivot boltn and nut because I damaged a threads.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:07 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Nice job on the rehab. I had to do pretty much the same to the "clean" two owner '01 XC 200 I bought. Including removing the swingarm bolt. Luckily, I only damaged the threads on my swingarm bolt and my local shop had a die to chase the threads.

I've still got the '01 plastic, as it's in pretty good condition, and, well, I'm too cheap to upgrade it.

Love the looks of yours though. Thanks for posting.

RB