Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firffighter View Post

Its difficult finding a media outlet you can trust in the off road market. The magazines are out of touch with the true woods riders. I loved Trail Rider back in the day and their bike reviews were great. Chilly was a great resource as well.

A couple sources I've began to follow recently and trust their insights are Traction E Rag, and Barry's YouTube cross training enduro skills.
I know Dallas from Traction has been trying to get a 18.

Old 06-08-2017, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arminhammer View Post
I know Dallas from Traction has been trying to get a 18.
That's exciting news!
Old 06-08-2017, 12:19 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

I was with Dallas, Hobo Bill, Barefoot Charles, Crashbury and Barry Morris at the Mexican 500 here in Ontario on Sunday.
Barry was marshalling the event and Charles was one of the main event organizers, I was running an outcheck for Charles.

Great bunch of guys. They love bikes and all things woods related. Barry is crazy knowledgable and Traction E-Rag would be a great magazine to have a review printed in. I'd be glad to "help" set them up with an '18 bike!!

I know young Crashbury rides a gasser. Not sure what Dallas rides but he is one huge dude! Barry and Hobo Bill are both hooked on Beta. And Charles rides one of Rob Lang's old Sherco's.
Old 06-08-2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubbornDutchman View Post
I was with Dallas, Hobo Bill, Barefoot Charles, Crashbury and Barry Morris at the Mexican 500 here in Ontario on Sunday.
Barry was marshalling the event and Charles was one of the main event organizers, I was running an outcheck for Charles.

Great bunch of guys. They love bikes and all things woods related. Barry is crazy knowledgable and Traction E-Rag would be a great magazine to have a review printed in. I'd be glad to "help" set them up with an '18 bike!!

I know Crashbury rides a gasser. Not sure what Dallas rides but he is one huge dude! Barry and Hobo Bill are both hooked on Beta. And Charles rides one of Rob Lang's old Sherco's.
Dallas is riding a Beta 300 that I'm going to lengthen the shock on for him but his personal bike is a 70 degree Husaberg. If Crashbury is Banbury I think his kid is riding the Gasser and John rides a new Fx250.
Old 06-08-2017, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arminhammer View Post
Dallas is riding a Beta 300 that I'm going to lengthen the shock on for him but his personal bike is a 70 degree Husaberg. If Crashbury is Banbury I think his kid is riding the Gasser and John rides a new Fx250.
There are two Crashbury's. John and Aaron. Aaron is Young Crashbury. He rides a Gasser.

You a fellow Ontarian?
Old 06-08-2017, 02:12 PM

Dirt Bike Test with Jimmy Lewis, he is very credible. Miss the reporting from Chilly White. I enjoy the dirt bike channel for the terrain and scenery and you get to hear the bikes motor also. He does get the different bikes out in front of the public, and he's never professed to being an expert. He does like to ride.
Old 06-08-2017, 08:28 PM

Default Ontario Gossip

Crashbury is on a Yamaha, had been a Gasser, not sure about Younger but I thought he also had moved from GG, Charles had been KTM last fall. If he's on one of Robs Shercos there would be some lowering reversed.
Old 06-08-2017, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianstrom View Post
Crashbury is on a Yamaha, had been a Gasser, not sure about Younger but I thought he also had moved from GG, Charles had been KTM last fall. If he's on one of Robs Shercos there would be some lowering reversed.
Hahaha! Yes the lowering was reversed. He saw the light and sold his orange bike. IIRC he is on Rob's old 250SE-R. Aaron Crashbury is on a Gasser this year. He has been at a bunch of events in the Offroad Ontario race series. But he is one class ahead of me. Rob was marshalling on his trusty super short Sherco 290xride at the Mexican on Sunday.

I didn't realize we had so many Ontario Gasser riders on the forum.