Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 02-07-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
I don't think thats it. Look at the bottom of the cartridge cap, you can see the natural aluminum colored body of the bottom of the PFP adjuster, easily contrasting the gold anodized cap. It is threaded into the cap and sits just about flush with the cap bottom edge when the PFP is full CCW. Now picture a groove machined around the circumferance of this part where you can't see it, and a retaining ring installed. Above that, in the cartridge cap itself, should be a shoulder for this ring to stop on. Just like the preload collar setup I mentioned. I suspect, and its an educated guess, that if you remove the compression and PFP pistons, spring, etc. from the assembly, you should be able to easily thread the PFP adjuster down far enough to expose this ring. It would then be removed and the PFP adjuster unthreaded and removed from the top. This would be neccessary to replace the o-ring on the PFP adjuster.

Too bad you didn't post this a week ago, mine were apart and it would have been easy to go one step more and see for sure whats going on.
GMP i think your educatet guess is right, but i don?t have the right tool to pull the cartridge out, so i hope the importer will informate me what was wrong about it

Old 02-07-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixmare View Post
GMP i think your educatet guess is right, but i don?t have the right tool to pull the cartridge out, so i hope the importer will informate me what was wrong about it
Sry my previus message was lost,

Today i tried to pull and screw it again back. It works with pressure to get it back, but now i detectet, that the compression clicker don?t click anymore. And now when i try to screw it back out, to PFP comes again out, and that doesn?t make the left fork,... so i think GMP is right, that inside the Gold Cap a Clip is lost or broken. I phoned to the Austrian importer today and they can solve my problem for now, i get a new cartrige, and they check the problem. I hope i get the information whats wrong with my fork. so thanks guys for help me, hope i get the new cartridge soon enough
Old 02-07-2013, 09:08 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Be sure to post back, i have a new bike coming in a few weeks and it would be good to know what sort of issues i am going to have...
Breaking more things by 8:00AM than most people break all day.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:19 PM

This is not a common thing. All experiences with the 48mm fork so far have been positive, its very well made. Only issue is parts.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
This is not a common thing. All experiences with the 48mm fork so far have been positive, its very well made. Only issue is parts.
Can the spanish get parts?
Old 02-08-2013, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Can the spanish get parts?
I tried but the answer I got from a dealer in Spain was that GG was not supplying any part for the 48's . So far I was able to get springs from Marzocchi's dealer in Spain , Diametral http://www.diametral.es/marzocchi.htm
Old 02-12-2013, 09:02 AM

Springs, main seals, main bushings can be replaced with KYB stuff. I'm in the process of IDing all the oring sizes. Its the damper rod seal, PFP seal, PFP bushing that does not look obvious. I hate the thought of being sidelined by a simple seal.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixmare View Post
These are my Pics
Hi,
What was the fix for the problem as I have the same issue.

Many thanks.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinphoto View Post
Hi,
What was the fix for the problem as I have the same issue.

Many thanks.

Likely this circlip has either been forced off, or is missing.

Will need to pull them down to confirm. There are threads with the process for pulling the PFP down inc the ICS spring. Very fine threads though so do use some caution.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:57 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Default running zero turns on the PFP preload

so, do you suggest I DONT run with zero turns preload? I'm worried that there mightnt be enought threads on the adjuster ( with it backed out) that mine might do the same as the OP....
ta
Jonathan