Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Australia & New Zealand

Old 12-01-2014, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator

Check for N_greens posts on his 2014 model. Think he's listed specs for the dimensions on the rear springs.

I didn't bother trimming the plastics, but I probably should have. Without it they do pop out a lot. Keep an eye on the upper of the 2 piece shroud. Its easy to break as well.

These bikes do take a little in initial setup (most bikes take a bit, the gasser a touch more).. but after that you should see many happy hours.

Old 12-01-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chchnick View Post
yup sure am, dont usually do mcleans anymore. find it quite lacking in so many ways. we do most of the organised trail rides and black ride in greta valley.
if tht sounds like you give me a buzz
Fair enough, we ride McLean's forest only and its not the usual way people ride in there. It's close and good for fitness/ training.
Haven't done organised rides for years - i go adventure riding instead ( my GG and Xtz are road legal ).
Haven't been to Black Ridge, must have a look some day. Reports I've had haven't been favourable though but one day I will see for myself.

Anyway, nice bike, enjoy :-)
Old 12-02-2014, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuszuki View Post
Fair enough, we ride McLean's forest only and its not the usual way people ride in there. It's close and good for fitness/ training.
Haven't done organised rides for years - i go adventure riding instead ( my GG and Xtz are road legal ).
Haven't been to Black Ridge, must have a look some day. Reports I've had haven't been favourable though but one day I will see for myself.

cheers.

blackridge was pretty average last time we went, some parts so heavily rutted that even very experienced riders thought it was bad. its a shame as it could be a decent loop.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:43 PM

Default Radiator Guards

I'm running Force radiator guards
Just do a search online and buy them off their site in Australia
Old 12-04-2014, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuszuki View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZMark View Post
I'm running Force radiator guards
Just do a search online and buy them off their site in Australia
cheers, looked at that. shipping was costly. ended up getting them locally for the same price.
Old 12-15-2014, 02:39 AM

have just fitted the ps carbon pipe guard, nice wee piece of kit. Dont really like the stock pegs, they dont bite into my boots very well (decent boots). anyone fitted some aftermarket pegs? reccomendtions?
Old 12-15-2014, 08:03 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

IMS pro series pegs. Very tough. Sharp. Large mud exits.
Old 12-16-2014, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chchnick View Post
have just fitted the ps carbon pipe guard, nice wee piece of kit. Dont really like the stock pegs, they dont bite into my boots very well (decent boots). anyone fitted some aftermarket pegs? reccomendtions?
Fitted some 'Fastway' evo3 pegs to mine.

http://www.promotobillet.com/p-18295-footpegs.html

Then decided to fit the fastways to my YZ ( for the height adjustment ) so am currently running the stock YZ pegs on my GG.

The Evo3 pegs are awesome.
Old 01-02-2015, 04:32 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

the stock bash plate on the 13 lasts about 5 min,not sure on later models.mine tore right down the middle on a tree root infested step down after a couple rides.had a p3 pipeguard from new which seems to hold up pretty well,so ordered a p3 plate also and has been fine(also protects waterpump and flywheel cover).the pipeguard fit perfectly,the bash plate required a little enlarging of bolt holes,but no big deal.good quality but pricey by the time it ships to nz!i put mecca rad braces on and theyre solid as,but had to relieve a little with the grinder to clear shrouds,and the shroud lugs don't quite fit the grommets as well as id like.the suspension is good stock for tight stuff but thers quite a lot of rebound kick in the front when riding faster(13 ec200).i mention this because I nearly got spat off the back on my 2nd ride!3rd gear flat out up a steepish hill with a nice ramp on top,bike went straight up vertical and landed squarely on the back wheel and guard,stopped dead vertical with a sickening crunch,threw it sideways and pirhouetted 180,somehow threw a leg over and straight back down hill.thought for sure id broken something so straight home to check it out.all good so the composite subframe passed the test!(the '12 subframe wasn't so flash,ive heard)im an hour north of chch with some nice technical single track that was used for Canterbury and national mtb cross country events a couple years back,so PM me if your keen on that kind of riding.im assuming youre in chch,chchnick?oops my bad,was still on page 1 when wrote this.i see you've bought your bits and are in chch!which greta ride are you referring too?if you've been on andy hamiltons up the motonau road you've been in the back end of my place already(enduro section down steep manuka gully overlooking motonau island?)
Old 01-04-2015, 02:18 AM

hi mate.

yup have brought and fitted a few bits and bobs. so far all good. havnt been up greta valley for a while but would be keen to come up for a look with my brother who is on a 14 300 factory replica.
loving the bike, glad i chose gas gas, couldnt be happier.
will pm you,