Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:52 PM

glen did all that last fall ... gonna go do it again and I'll check for a split breather tube, brass fitting and the little fiber crush washers.

There is no way the vent tube on the left could be the cause is there? thats just zipped tied to the frame rail. a little spooge comes out now and again. There is no plug in the bottom of the tube. fluid could go up it as easy as it goes down. It was certainly underwater when I was doing that crossing!

What about the clutch slave ... if water could get in through there the clutch fluid would leak out and you'd end up with no clutch no?

same with the shifter seal, no oil coming out means no water going in??

I was wondering about the oil inlet plug crush washer ... its original to the bike, but every time I screw the plug back on it certainly gets cranked down tight enough. I can't believe the crush washer, which looks fine could let in any water even if it doesn't crush anymore after the plug is cranked down.

going to go snoop around tonight

Old 06-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Ooops. Good point about the power valve. Thanks for pointing that out.

One way around the powervalve cavity is to use a rubber stopper, plumber's pipe stop, or a plate with a neoprene gasket, and block off both the exhaust and intake ports. If you restrict that flow, then pressurize, you'll find the leak (if it does exist).
Old 06-12-2010, 06:54 PM

Scrap the crush washer and use an o-ring. Just snug the plug down and the compression fit keeps it tight. The groove isn't cut for an o-ring but it works well anyway. I've had the washers weep oil so its likely that they would leak water in as well. You may have to do the test as discussed to get an answer if all else fails.