Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:15 PM

Default Rekluse adjustable slave cylinder question.

Could air in the slave cylinder cause not having installed gap?

I've checked the clutch pack 7 friction 8 steel and the thinner 1mm steel first. Other steel are 1.5 mm I've never had a good clutch over ride last week I took off the slave cylinder and turned out the little allen adjuster to far and a small drop of oil came out. During last weekends ride the clutch got worse. Did not disengage when idle I had to use the clutch lever to get some disengagement. With the clutch lever pulled it felt like it should be without the lever pulled. Could this be cause because of air in the slave cylinder? I check everything else this evening and it is all as should be.

The recluse was installed by a shop who never started the bike. (They probably started work to late and I had to pickup the bike for a race) I did find air bubbles in the master the first race weekend when I pulled the lever with the cap off. Will try bleeding the clutch slave and master according the recluse instructions as I'm out of other ideas and this is the job that I was looking least forward too.

Old 07-28-2015, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan_b View Post
Could air in the slave cylinder cause not having installed gap?

I've checked the clutch pack 7 friction 8 steel and the thinner 1mm steel first. Other steel are 1.5 mm I've never had a good clutch over ride last week I took off the slave cylinder and turned out the little allen adjuster to far and a small drop of oil came out. During last weekends ride the clutch got worse. Did not disengage when idle I had to use the clutch lever to get some disengagement. With the clutch lever pulled it felt like it should be without the lever pulled. Could this be cause because of air in the slave cylinder? I check everything else this evening and it is all as should be.

The recluse was installed by a shop who never started the bike. (They probably started work to late and I had to pickup the bike for a race) I did find air bubbles in the master the first race weekend when I pulled the lever with the cap off. Will try bleeding the clutch slave and master according the recluse instructions as I'm out of other ideas and this is the job that I was looking least forward too.
Yeah this is the problem with having someone else do the work...sloppy. Installing a recluse is simple, BUT you must take the time to bleed the slave completely. There are video's of this on youtube and it comes with direction on how to do it. Air in the slave will absolutely create a situation where you can't get the right gap.

https://youtu.be/xRa_R4AbVQI?t=183
Old 07-28-2015, 07:37 PM

After bleeding the clutch slave I was able to set the installed gap correctly that was a big relieve and one less thing to worry about. Bleeding the master cylinder was a major plain, only back bleeding seemed to work for the master.

At least now I know the whole system inside out

Tags
bleeding, rekluse