Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 10-18-2006, 07:10 PM

Default Dealer problems/credit card issues/rights

I made a deal for an MC250 in Aug, and it was never delivered. I just arranged to purchase a ec250 through a very reputable dealer, and I got a call today from a shipping company that said that they have my bike from the last deal that fell through ready to be delivered.

I'm wondering if any dealers or other people have advice or know my rights. In Aug, I found a dealer that said he had an MC250, and they delivered bikes all the time.

I ordered the bike on aug 25th and was supposed to get it on the 1st, a week later , I started calling , and each time was told the bike had been shipped, and they'd get me a tracking number. I told them several times I would be canceling the credit card soon, and was finally told the bike was crated and would go out on a Friday, and I said if I don't hear from you Friday, shipped or not, it's cancelled.

I waited an extra week and cancelled the card on oct 3, called the dealer twice to inform them, and never received a return call. My card was recredited on the 10, but there was still the stipulation if the dealer could provide proof of delivery, I would be charged.

It's now Oct 18, I'm about to order my bike from a real dealer, and I get a call from some shipping company here in Georgia asking when I want my motorcycle delivered from Texarkana Motorsports. I've since found out from a guy that worked in the back, that other than claim to be a GAS GAS dealer, Txarkna motorsports does car detailing, sells car wheels, and chinese bikes and has never shipped a bike before.

I don't believe they ever had an MC250 and don't have $6100 to repay the credit company. I don't want to do business with these people even if they have a GG ready for delivery. For all I know it's a $1500 chinese bike waiting for me. I'll call the credit card company tomorrow, I'm just afraid they'll tell me I have to accept it.

Any Advice from a dealer or someone with credit card experience?
Matt

Old 10-19-2006, 05:03 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I would contact the Better Business Bureau and the Bureau of Consumer Protection.

The BBB can search for previous violations, issues, etc.
http://www.bbb.org/

The Federal Bureau of Consumer Protection is probably the best to get involved.
http://www.ftc.gov/ftc/consumer/home.html
Old 10-19-2006, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmax View Post
I don't want to do business with these people even if they have a GG ready for delivery.

Matt:

My primary job responsibility is building the GasGas brand in the US and taking care of the dealer network. That network will not include those who undertake shady business practices and/or mislead the consumer. Please send me an email with the details, and I will look into the situation. Contact names, phone numbers, etc, with a complete and truthful rundown of the transaction to this point please.

Cheers,

Brett Saunders
brett@husaberg.com

p.s. - sorry I don't have a more appropriate email address, we're working on it
Old 10-19-2006, 02:58 PM

Default dealers

I've got a recommendation to anyone out to buy a bike from a dealer. Only go through dealers with good reviews through these forums that are us riders pipeline to unbiased information.

I'm probably going to wind up with this MC250 I ordered months ago. They shipped it the same day I told them I cancelled the credit card, and there was no written agreement on time limits. I'll be sure to check it out thorougly, even if it means pulling the cylinder head. I had been talking to Gofasters about a de250. Seem like real nice honest people.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:42 PM

Pulling the cylinder head won't be necessary; you'll know right away if you have a gasser or not. I've yet to see a "chinese" bike with an Ohlins shock or Marzzochi forks.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:44 PM

Default Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkmuncher View Post
Pulling the cylinder head won't be necessary; you'll know right away if you have a gasser or not. I've yet to see a "chinese" bike with an Ohlins shock or Marzzochi forks.
Pulling the head was in reference to a nightmare I went through with a large KTM dealer outside Houston. I bought a "new" bike and rear wheel looked crooked, so I took the bike back, and service basically laughed at me. That night, I held the title to the light, and saw a name under mine, called him under some pretense, found out he had bought the bike before me, and I pulled the head and saw the motor had been seized and patched together with a new piston and shoddy hone job. This was a major dealership pulling this crap. Wild West KTM
Old 10-19-2006, 09:00 PM

The Gas Gas brand should be sold as the Mercedes of the dirtbike world, too many dealers are apologizing for the brand by discounting and having poor dealer practices. This should be required reading for all new Gas Gas dealers. Brett, throw one in each new dealer binder.

Good to see you're on it Brett. This is the stuff that builds a brand reputation more than bike or parts availabilty. A lot of GG dealers are going to have to decide if they want to $#!t or get off the pot.

(I can talk like that because as a dealer, I couldn't give the level of service I needed to, so I got off the pot.)

Good Luck Mattmax. I hope you finally get a Gasser that you can enjoy! After all the work you've done, you deserve it.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmax View Post
Pulling the head was in reference to a nightmare I went through with a large KTM dealer outside Houston. I bought a "new" bike and rear wheel looked crooked, so I took the bike back, and service basically laughed at me. That night, I held the title to the light, and saw a name under mine, called him under some pretense, found out he had bought the bike before me, and I pulled the head and saw the motor had been seized and patched together with a new piston and shoddy hone job. This was a major dealership pulling this crap. Wild West KTM
So what did they do when you found out about their little scam and confronted 'em?
Old 10-20-2006, 04:57 PM

Default Got my money

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukachuki View Post
So what did they do when you found out about their little scam and confronted 'em?
That was a real fudged up deal. I first called KTM about selling me a used bike, and they did nothing, except call WW. I called a guy who had just recently been the only ktm dealer within Houston city limits, but dropped them because of KTM BS, and he told me to go to a brand new KTM dealer and get it fixed right under warranty.

I just wanted my bike fixed(even though they basically sold me a used bike), but I didn't want Wild West to touch it. He said he knew the owner(Northwest Yamaha, I think-if there now KTM, that's them) and go in there and talk to him, and they had to fix it under Warranty, even though they had no KTM's in the shop yet. I asked for the owner, and this creep named Geoff Lynch(blonde hair, looks like a used car salesman) acts like he wants to help me with KTM. I tell my story and he says he'll help. Instead, he calls Wild West, and tells lies, and I get a call from Geoff lynch, calling me a liar, but wanting me to bring the bike in so they can fix it, and then I get a call from Frank Reeves at WW screaming at me and calling me a liar and bitching about me calling KTM and not him first, and kept insisting he did nothing wrong.

I told him about the tool marks on the head bolts and the scuff marks on the cylinder wall. He said,"so you took the head off. I guess you can't prove tool marks now." He was laughing at me. I told him the base bolts still had tool marks and I've been rebuilding bikes since I was 13. His answer, "So this isn't your first rodeo. Bring the bike in tomorrow and we'll look at it."

Instead, I called a TV reporter that likes to expose fraud, and soon got a very nice call from frank wanting to give my money back. So I brought him the bike, and I got a check.

I'm done riding in TX. The only reason I go there is for cancer treatment in Houston and then I come back to GA. When WW first saw me, I weighed 160(at 6') and was wasted on Dilaudid for pain, and I think they thought the bike was going back to GA and I knew nothing about bikes. When I went back for my check, I had been in GA riding my CR500, and had put on 30lbs, and that little man was very nice to me.

I know I tend to write long responses, but I don't like to leave out details.

Matt