Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 08-01-2017, 09:29 AM

Just re-re-re-re-read the first post and noticed (for the first time...duh) about the switch housing ground....I will check that after work and hopefully sorts out my issue...

Old 08-25-2017, 01:15 PM

I have finished this mod but my headlight fluctuates.

Any idea WHere i can start looking?

Mike
Old 08-25-2017, 02:51 PM

I'd guess that you have both your AC and DC grounded somehow. When I look at the wiring diagram from the original document (figure 22) it shows the AC going into the Reg./Rect. as connected between stator white and chassis ground. So far so good since the instructions indicate this is intended to be a DC conversion WITHOUT floating the stator ground.

In order to be successful the RR output must not be grounded. Note that the diagram shows battery minus and "ground with bullet". This is meant to indicate that battery minus is the isolated ground point for the lighting. IT DOES NOT GET CONNECTED TO CHASSIS/FRAME GROUND. Check to see if your battery minus is grounded. If so remove that ground and see if it works.
Old 12-24-2017, 07:31 PM

Does anybody have a picture of the ground being floated? I'm in the process of installing a dual sport kit on my son's 02 200 EC. My ignition experience is limited to SEM and Motoplat and Powerdynamo ignitions which already have a floated grounds. I did float the ground on my 83 XR500 decades ago but really don't want to have to do it that way on my son's bike.
Old 12-24-2017, 09:18 PM

Never mind. I seen the vid on how to do it and it's just like what I had to do on my 83 XR500R. I guess it's going to be isolate the DC ground.
Old 02-04-2019, 05:38 PM

Question 2108 300EC LED Headlight?

Hi - I'm new to the thread and GasGas. I noticed that this conversation is quite dated, and I see no reference to more recent GasGas models.

I am interested to know if anyone out there has run an LED headlight, in place of the standard halogen lamp? I'm assuming that the 2018 EC uses an AC voltage to run the headlamp, so all "I think" I need is a rectifier and regulator to run an LED headlamp. The bike isn't plated, and I don't ride it on the road, so I only need a low beam and on / off. Any advice appreciated.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:06 PM

Don't assume that the 2018 XC uses AC for the headlamp. Go to gasgas.com and download the manual for your bike. Page 17 has the wiring diagram that shows the stator connected to the regulator (rectifier).

The "generador" connector shows AC output from the stator. There is no detail on the stator itself. AC power from the stator does not appear to go anywhere other than the regulator/rectifier.

The only thing we can tell is that battery minus is grounded and the starter motor is grounded. Also the yellow/green from the regulator/rectifier is grounded. The red wire from the rectifier is connected at various places on the bike.

Ro which is red appears to connect to the common terminal of the headlight switch. Thus the headlight may be DC powered. Have fun following the diagram to see if you reach the same conclusion.

Don't trust the diagram to be true unless you can measure DC voltage at the headlight.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:48 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

My 15 model has DC headlight. And I use a LED lamp in winter. I presume all newer bikes also use DC for all lights.

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc
Old 03-04-2020, 06:35 AM

Hello all,

I am about to try the AC to DC conversion on my 2011, based on the instructions of Mike Cooper.
I would like to ask you if any of you ever had any problem with overcharging the NiMH battery pack, as it is the thing that worries me the most.
On the other hand, I do not think building a charging module would be appropriate on a dirt bike, given the amount of stress (vibrations, moisture and so on) it would suffer.

Any suggestion would be appreciated!
Old 03-04-2020, 11:11 AM

My Traltech Voyager shows battery voltage on one of the screens. It tends to fluctuate from 14.0 to 14.8 volts DC. No trouble with the 220CCA Lithium ion battery that has been on the bike for 9 years now.

If you are worried about charging, just run with your headlight always on to pull down the voltage a bit.