Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 10-02-2006, 06:17 AM

Default criteria?

now that the same company handles Husabergs and Gas-Gas is it going to be a requirement that a new dealer, or existing, carries both lines?

Old 10-03-2006, 08:42 AM
Site Sponsor

Talking Some answers

Without saying too much or acting like I know too much.

The new importer would "like" to see all GasGas dealers have Husaberg or vice versa, but it is not a requirement! At least it hasn't been to us yet, they've been very good about not pushing anything.

Parts are now coming in from BMG, about 50% of parts are still being arranged thus on backorder. The ordering will be much cleaner, faster, and understandable. A+++ on that.

There is 07 Retail prices now available and we have that....plus the dealer show is Oct 14th weekend and we'll know a whole lot more after that! We are very excited and looking forward to seeing what BMG will offer! We all hope for a new push in 07 to get the GasGas name out there to most off road enthusiasts!
Old 10-05-2006, 05:09 AM

do you still have to hand write and fax your parts order or have they gone computerized? i used to spend a good part of my day writing.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:48 AM

Brett is going to have a lot of questions to answer when he gets around to it.

Tim
Old 10-05-2006, 10:25 AM

Default Questions

Sorry for not getting back on the question list, we're working hard to prepare for our dealer meeting next weekend. I'll have a comprehensive list of answers for you post-meeting, and our dealers will as well.

Best regards,

Brett Saunders
Old 10-17-2006, 06:50 AM

i was wondering something. is the 60 mile radius between dealers still a criteria? i know it's important to protect the dealers area and i understand that competition for bike sales is tough. anyone, in the last year, that i have spoken with about become a dealer falls in tha 60 mile radius of our local dealer. the OEM's have saturated the area with shops. they are as close as 12 miles to each other now.

i'm not suggesting that Gas-Gas do this, but, i think the radius needs to be smaller if they want the coverage. having more dealers is better for the line and the customer. it would make the dealers perform better for thier customers. if there is only one dealer in a certain are it's easy to fall into the "We are the only game on the block and they customer has no where else to go" mentality. believe me i've seen it and all it does is give the brand a bad name. no matter the manufacturer. the dealers can can chime in on this. i would be interested in thier opinions.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:46 AM

oops..i just read through this entire thread and i see that Brett had addressed the issue on the VIN's and being compliant with the Federal standards. deffinately a good goal and marketing strategy for the future of these bikes in the US.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobr View Post
i was wondering something. is the 60 mile radius between dealers still a criteria? i know it's important to protect the dealers area and i understand that competition for bike sales is tough. anyone, in the last year, that i have spoken with about become a dealer falls in tha 60 mile radius of our local dealer. the OEM's have saturated the area with shops. they are as close as 12 miles to each other now.

i'm not suggesting that Gas-Gas do this, but, i think the radius needs to be smaller if they want the coverage. having more dealers is better for the line and the customer. it would make the dealers perform better for thier customers. if there is only one dealer in a certain are it's easy to fall into the "We are the only game on the block and they customer has no where else to go" mentality. believe me i've seen it and all it does is give the brand a bad name. no matter the manufacturer. the dealers can can chime in on this. i would be interested in thier opinions.
umm...anybody?