Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:55 AM

Default How screwed am I ?

Just noticed my 01 gg300xc has the A cyclinder as is stamped on the back of the cylinder. The piston I ordered and installed was the vertex D piston. the vertex catalog says stock bore is 72 and my piston is 71.97 where as their A piston is 71.94 not a huge difference but is my motor about to be toast Ive only run the bike maybe a max of 20 minutes no real riding just putting up and down the street to make sure of no funny noises. The only oddity I have noticed is when revving the bike the rpms dont hang they immedietly come down once off the gas, is this normal with a fresh topend. I havent rode the bike in quite a while as I've been spending time on my rm. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 04-07-2008, 03:59 PM

ok well i pulled the head and noticed the piston i have is the a piston the box was mismarked as my piston says on the top A 71.94 so im good there. Does anyone know about the rpm coming right down with throttle no run on? could it be the powervalve because I havent been able to see if the bike has any top end power. it seems very strong off the bottom.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:39 AM

My 250 doesn't tend to run on much for a stroker. And mine's also strong off the botom. I've got the supermoto and can quite happily pull away in 2nd/3rd without any problems and accelerate from 25mph in top without any bogging.

Just run it. Mine's been so reliable, I keep wondering if I'm doing something wrong!