Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-23-2010, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Vindicator,
You ain't got a dog in this hunt? Do you know what that means? That's redneck English that means you're in Portugal and we're talking about bikes for the US! Just kidding, ok? I hope you have a sense of humor.
Clay
Point taken ! but please put on a good word at GAS GAS and ask them to sell those bikes in Portugal . While at it, ask them for a new importer for Portugal as we just lost ours...again... How am I going to get mine now

Old 12-23-2010, 10:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator View Post
Point taken ! but please put on a good word at GAS GAS and ask them to sell those bikes in Portugal . While at it, ask them for a new importer for Portugal as we just lost ours...again... How am I going to get mine now
I really was joking. What works as a good bike here will prolly be a good bike in a lot of other countries. The new export manager is coming here in January. I will ask him what they plan to do in Portugal.
Clay
Old 12-23-2010, 11:04 AM

Default Changes

-I think everyone has good ideas streamlining the model line is one priority I would say like my other post xc-e, xc-r,...is very cool.

-I think working with the GF on a hard parts catalogue (that has more meat than the one now, I know its coming...lol) could cover personalization and upgrade options, similar to KTM. Get the bikes here and get the most performance for the dollar. Let the customer order the trick stuff for upgrade through the shop. Like suspension, guards, wheels, motor, etc....Even the Nambo is kind of wasted resources...

-Everyone else keep buying bikes..LOL

-I really think the effort is greatly appreciated thanks for everything GGOR!

Cheers,

Rick

2011 Beta 400 RR (sorry )
2010 GAS GAS XC 300
2007 KTM 200 XC
Old 12-23-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
I really was joking. What works as a good bike here will prolly be a good bike in a lot of other countries. The new export manager is coming here in January. I will ask him what they plan to do in Portugal.
Clay
You're the MAN !
Old 12-23-2010, 01:20 PM

so what it looks like is alot of people want kindof what we used to have with the EC models and the Dealer edition, only instead it would be an XC (standard) and Race (little tweaks aimed at racing) and then maybe some special edition bikes like nambo bikes or cervantes bikes. thats what id like to see. maybe have the race with Sachs 48mm so we can get the ohlins kits from the dealer if we want to (i think its sachs...) and then zook 45s on the standard models. or something like that.maybe estart on the XC only, and race have kickstart to save weight. things like that. and have all engine capacities in both ranges, whatever they are. i assume we will have the 200, 250, and 300 for sure, but would they start producing a 150ish cc bike, or stick with a 125?
Old 12-23-2010, 07:24 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Clay, with the exception being Beta they all had 450's. Yes there are deals and i got one but it would'nt matter which brand. By the way i buy local and let them name the price. I will PM you my Ph number and we can talk about Nv. Some things need to change before i will get back in with GG.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:09 AM

Thanks Steven.....I'd like to come up and see you guys when the weather turns warmer in a few months !!! Tom
Old 12-24-2010, 12:59 AM

Default And now for something completely different ...

Love the "base XC "/ "Race XC" plans. Nambotin pricing is stratospheric, and despite his incredible riding skills for the majority of American riders Nambotin is just some foreign dude they've never seen race - drop it but keep the parts available.

Here's the golden nugget - an electric start 200 with a heavy flywheel, 9-10 inches of travel and shorter brake pedal and shifter, along with either adjustable levers or levers sized for smaller hands. The e-start could be removed to save weight and reduce flywheel effect, the suspension could be opened up to full travel, and the controls could be swapped out for "full size" if the need arose (or the rider grew).

It can cost as much (or nearly so) as a base XC but will open up the brand to kids/wives/girlfriends/gentlemen of smaller stature that are not being served with honest-to-goodness dirt bikes. There are lots of potential riders who are forced onto a) bikes too big, b) bikes too small, or c) lousy, overweight, old-tech bikes (eg. TTR250, CRF230) due to the lack of legitimate alternatives.

My 0.03 - it's Christmas after all
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 12-24-2010, 09:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
so what it looks like is alot of people want kindof what we used to have with the EC models and the Dealer edition, only instead it would be an XC (standard) and Race (little tweaks aimed at racing) and then maybe some special edition bikes like nambo bikes or cervantes bikes. thats what id like to see. maybe have the race with Sachs 48mm so we can get the ohlins kits from the dealer if we want to (i think its sachs...) and then zook 45s on the standard models. or something like that.maybe estart on the XC only, and race have kickstart to save weight. things like that. and have all engine capacities in both ranges, whatever they are. i assume we will have the 200, 250, and 300 for sure, but would they start producing a 150ish cc bike, or stick with a 125?
Dank,
I plan to ask for a 150....don't know if they will do it or not.
Clay
Old 12-24-2010, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
an electric start 200 with a heavy flywheel, 9-10 inches of travel and shorter brake pedal and shifter, along with either adjustable levers or levers sized for smaller hands.
It can cost as much (or nearly so) as a base XC but will open up the brand to kids/wives/girlfriends/gentlemen of smaller stature that are not being served with honest-to-goodness dirt bikes. There are lots of potential riders who are forced onto a) bikes too big, b) bikes too small, or c) lousy, overweight, old-tech bikes (eg. TTR250, CRF230) due to the lack of legitimate alternatives.

My 0.03 - it's Christmas after all
EXCELLENT point. This is a market thet NO one has tapped into!