Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2020, 02:24 AM

Yeah all the bearings where the same although I did source them all locally due to delivery reasons but did double check the widths and dimensions with a set of calipers.

The crank pin doesnt project out the side of the webs and I have got a reference dimension which is 54.70 for the distance between not sure how correct this is though the rod has movement of .9 with a feeler gauge so can I assume that reference dimension is correct ??

Looking at the parts fiche I literally have only the bearings and seals installed so when I install everything onto the crank could it correct this issue because item 17 is a spacer and when I do the primary nut up would it pull the crank into the bearing and therefore sit where it wants to be ??

I.cant see off any shims missing from the diagram and didnt notice any when I took the bearings out...although that does sound like a solution but the question is how thick should the shins be to correct this alignment?

An idea I was also toying with is maybe get a thin feeler like .01mm if its possible and wrap it around the crank therefore giving it .02mm more on diameter and that should therefore create a very tight fit of the crank on the bearing.....but from my very limited knowledge these could cause all.sorts of problems with clearances when things get hot.

Thanks for the help and advice really appreciate it I'm.just a novice trying to learn new things.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200808-075834_Chrome.jpg (76.0 KB, 13 views)