Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 08-06-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dANbOT View Post
I seem to be cursed with starting my bike lately.
Last week, my bendix started failing again, and took out a few teeth on my new ring gear, and yesterday I snapped another kick start shaft.
I have the shaft out, and at a local welding shop. He figures he can zip it up with some unichrome. Have to order a couple more smu5009s and hope my two damaged ring gears can carry me through the season. Frustrating issues with an otherwise awesome bike.
Wow, that sucks!!! My 5009 is still working like a champ.

2018 GP 300
2013 XC 300 (sold)
2006 DE 300 (buddy has it)

Old 08-06-2015, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen966 View Post
Wow, that sucks!!! My 5009 is still working like a champ.
Yeah its a little harsh. I have a pair of 5009s on the way, and got my welded kicker shaft back. The issue again, will be acquiring a ring gear.

The kicker shaft looks good. Tacked, notched, and welded. The welder seemed confident it will last. He said since I broke 2 shafts in the same way and it is all fresh break that there was likely some impurities in the steel.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:30 PM

I took a close look at the failing bendix to see what was up. The tin cup has come loose from the back of the 40t gear, it can't spin free but it wobbles. Otherwise it seems fine. When I get time I'll disassemble it, and see if there's anything I can do with it.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:14 AM

I bought a 2014 ec300ER a week ago, brand new. Starter failed within three days. Kickstarter is made of butter so that's scrapmetal now also.

I replaced my bendix, which was completely stuck, with another one available everywhere: 82612R

What you have to do to make it fit is remove the clip (ring) from the shaft to remove everything but the upper gear, cup and shaft. The upper gear on this bendix is thicker and thus the shaft is longer, you cannot use that.

Put everything you removed on the original bendix shaft en put the original clip/ring back in the groove.

Make sure the clip is all the way in the groove so the bottom cup fits on the ring also. it has a small groove that fits around the clip. that way you ensure that it is low enough so the bottom sprocket wil grip the flywheel sprocket.

I put the two original small washers in at the bottom and the top of the shaft.

This is a winner, start every time! no sounds of teeth kicking in, just normal starter sounds. And as long as i press the button it keeps turning the engine.
Old 01-30-2018, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlatertje View Post
I bought a 2014 ec300ER a week ago, brand new. Starter failed within three days. Kickstarter is made of butter so that's scrapmetal now also.

I replaced my bendix, which was completely stuck, with another one available everywhere: 82612R

What you have to do to make it fit is remove the clip (ring) from the shaft to remove everything but the upper gear, cup and shaft. The upper gear on this bendix is thicker and thus the shaft is longer, you cannot use that.

Put everything you removed on the original bendix shaft en put the original clip/ring back in the groove.

Make sure the clip is all the way in the groove so the bottom cup fits on the ring also. it has a small groove that fits around the clip. that way you ensure that it is low enough so the bottom sprocket wil grip the flywheel sprocket.

I put the two original small washers in at the bottom and the top of the shaft.

This is a winner, start every time! no sounds of teeth kicking in, just normal starter sounds. And as long as i press the button it keeps turning the engine.
Your start is equal to 2015? so it would be enough to change all the top of the bendix?