Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Classified Advertisements > Used Bikes

Used Bikes Used Bikes For Sale - No Part Outs

Old 09-07-2014, 09:28 AM

Question 2001 GasGas 250SE

I have had this bike listed on craigslist - facebook on and off all this year - I get 1 or 2 people that call or email me - I am straight up honest - and that is it? not sure if its the bike - me - or what - was told to try listing it here --
NEW - tires - tubes - wheel bearings - Ohlins suspension all rebuilt - chain n sprockets - brake pads - rebuilt swingarm - will include Carb kit with sale - new Factory OEM graphics that came on th ebike in 2001 - bunch of little items i replaced when going through the bike - previous owner told me bikes top end was done in the fall of '12 -- i purchased in spring of '13 -- did the work and well it sits --

GasGas 250SE - 2001 - southern LaSalle county area. Off the top of the new list: tires w/ tubes, chain n sprockets, ohlins suspension all rebuilt.. Lot of other items gone through ... $1850 open to offers -- or suggestions to help sell -

LOCATION - Illinois -- 40 minutes north of Bloomington, IL or 1hr 15 minutes (+/_) south of Rockford - along I39

Old 09-07-2014, 06:24 PM

It sure looks like a nice bike. I feel your price is fair. But but there just isn't a huge market for 13 year old exotic woods bikes.

You have two options I guess.
1 just keep dropping your price until it sells
2 hold firm on your price and just hold out

Sorry but that is all the advice I can give you. Not very helpful I know.

Good luck!
Old 09-07-2014, 08:58 PM

Thumbs up

No I appreciate your feed back - i don;t have to muck lower I can go i'm already loosing now -- i know dirt bikes u can;t make money -- or at least I can't

Have a few people I know who would like to have it -- but either no $$ or too many bikes -- i'm kicking myself for doing the work I did to it --

I have another bike I am itching to to do some work to and wanted to sell this one -- been looking at that suspension and telling myself ( will that fit on my project ? )... i tore it down once already -- beg borrow and steal lol --
Old 09-07-2014, 09:32 PM

I sure like your bike, I had seen it on Craigs. I wish it was in my garage but that's not in the cards right now. Good luck with the sale BTW! Bumpity bump bump.
16' Specialized Fatboy trail
02' ZRX 1200r R.I.P.
72' Olds 500ci, Batten Heads, Street/Drag car, former CarCraft magazine centerfold (has-been)
15' TW200
Old 09-07-2014, 10:18 PM

If the jewel was closer.........
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 09-08-2014, 08:09 PM

Yes,it seems as if its older and not from the big 4 buyers get scared,their loss if you ask me.I bought a 02 husky cr 250 in the spring,watched it on CL go from $2200 to $1600,scary fast bike btw.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:14 AM

I think your bike is a lot nicer than my 01 300 ec and it has the ohlins but it's the same for me as far as resale. I'm just thinking it's better to just keep it till the end of time and part it out in my case. Your bike is nice. It really is that people just don't know how good these bikes are old or not. I had mine for sale and it didn't have any bites.. also locally guys are going googoo gaa gaa for the Beta 250, 300's and are willing to pay top dollar. The ktm's are not even selling that well. So there's kind of a lot of used bikes in our local market. I'm thinking now that I might just say fark it and go all out making the bike cherry and keeping it for when my other bike is down or when a friend comes to visit. That's lame but I just can't see giving away a bike that works that well.
Old 09-13-2014, 09:15 AM

Thank you everyone -
Actually the part out thing crossed my mind
I have had a few people contact but nothing serious - those that have talked to me said same thing 14 yr old bike not on everyone's search priority - but those that do - don;t want to pay anything for them - course I feel these are the people who ride clap'd out bikes and don;t know what a good suspension set up is.
I have KX250 that I want to make into a woods bike - keep looking at those Ohlins -- yeah I know I'm selling one lol - but I have green in my blood-