Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:10 AM

The taper angle of the CCK will effectively lean out in the 3/4 throttle range campared to a triple taper needle (N1Ex/NOZx). Go up on the main and test your throttle response and performance.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:19 PM

Ok so I left the 42 pilot in and put the needle clip in the number 2 position. Very very very nice throttle response in the slow tight technical stuff. seems to be running just a hair rich so I'll leave it right where it is ... I put the 180 main in and did another 55 mph plug chop and i got the same color plug that I got with the 178. what i would call a slightly yellow tinted white, definitly looked lean to my untrained eye. color covered the bottom part of the ground electrode and the insulator that surrounds the center electrode. Part of me is wondering if that is what it is suppose to look like when you've got it pinned. still I don't think you'd want to run it like that for 20 laps on an mx track. Plug looked fine when I was riding through the woods from 0 to say 1/2throttle. wish I could get some pics. any guesses as to why it looks so lean on top w/a 180 in there??
Old 07-18-2008, 09:16 AM

Leave the 180 in.

I'm never wide open for any extended periods of time.

You could actually try a 185 or until you know you're rich wide open and then go down one. I would want to error on the rich side for WOT.

09 Husaberg FE450
08 GasGas DE300
07 TM EN300
07 GasGas TXT Pro 280
Old 07-18-2008, 10:09 AM

With my '05 EC300, I am currently running a 42p/175m/#7 slide/CCK needle (pos #3) running at sea level to 3000' ASL. The only other mod is the head work from RB. The bike is a little rich trying to pull onto the pipe in rain mode, but it makes riding it way easy in the dry, slick conditions here in NorCal. In dry mode it makes better use of the fuel available.

What's nice is that the stock needle is great for MX tracks and desert. The LTR needle is pretty good everywhere with an EC head, but in combination with the RB headwork and a #8 slide, it was a monster off the bottom. The CCK makes the most linear power, but is slightly rich in the rain mode. I may buy the next couple leaner needles to play with.

2005 GasGas EC300 (Ohlins front and rear)
2007 Yamaha FZ1
2003 Pampera 280(hers)