Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:53 AM

Default Aaah sweetness

Finally got my 300 running as I want it that is smooth through the rev range from almost right off the bottom (just above idle) and decent power higher up when you need it. No spooge and I can race for 3 hours without fuelling. Yesterday I was drag racing loads of 400/450 (and 525?) 4 strokes and could overtake them all on a long straight which was a joy to behold i.e. any bike that was close to me apply power get past and since GG brakes are awesome brake late as well - sweet! In the woods it makes a lovely noise (no 4 stroking/misfiring) and 1 gear does it all making it a real joy. Up steep slippy hills apply a high gear and get the throttle well open and you get a lovely induction noise while the rear just finds traction beautifully.

All the faffing around is worth it as it runs soo nice now it's a joy to ride.

I won't post my results in the jetting database since my float height is low compared to standard at 22mm compared to 16 or 18? quoted by Keihin. I dont want to raise it though since I will struggle to get the bottom lean enough to run nice again and it has enough power higher up.

Bike year & model = 05 300 EC
Temperature (degC) = 20
Elevation (feet) = 100
Main jet = 178
Pilot jet = 35
Needle & notch = N1EF 2nd clip from top (leaner than middle clip)
Air screw setting = 1
Throttle valve/slide = #9
Plug (I find makes a diffecence to idle - 1/8 jetting) = NGK iriduim projected plug gapped at 1mm.

I'm sure a lot of people may cringe/criticise this? As I've had to use the float height to lean the bottom off enough and it's very lean compared to standard jetting in fact I think 35 is the smallest pilot Keihin do? When the plug is inspected it's a light brown tan color and the piston has a thin black coating on it (no shiny metal) so I'm not too worried about being this lean. I would say the bike does run hotter like this though previous boiling issues I believe were down to the rad's being half blocked by grass. I will be keeping the cooling system in tip top shape in future.

'95 ish XR630 (died many times in Oz)