Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Suggestion Box

Suggestion Box Help us make this place the best it can be!

Old 10-15-2015, 11:09 AM

Default IRC channel

i don't think i would use it often but a lot of other forums that i am on have them and it might be cool being able to get answers and opinions live instead of making a whole thread, maybe others would like it more. could probably build a stronger community too.

IRC is that a chat channel btw, the other (major) forum i browse has one and it is pretty cool, it is basically skype group chat but people can enter and leave as they wish.

Old 10-21-2015, 06:23 PM
Administrator

Sorry - but I don't have time to add anything like this right now. And I am hesitant to add extensions that are not provided "out of the box". They usually break when trying to migrate/update the software.

The next step for this forum is to migrate it over to new forum software - from vbulletin to xenforo....

jeff
Old 10-23-2015, 06:19 PM

I really like the easy reading ability of the current VB layout and colors. I hope you can create something similar. I find that the stock Xenforo appearance leaves a lot to be desired (it consumes a lot of vertical page space). Xenforo's strength is the ease with which it can be customized. That can take you down the rabbit hole as I found out when I decided to do all my own styling. I couldn't find a pre-packaged style that I really liked. I also cut out a lot of the fluff built into Xenforo that wasn't needed on a motorcycle forum (http://www.odsc.on.ca/.xenforo/index.php).

Xenforo functions well, but lacks some features that are common on more mature forum software. I have no idea how many addons are presently in use with the VB platform. It can be a case of gaining something new but losing something you rely on. It will be interesting to see what you do with the styling.