Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Tell us all the gorey details!

Old 04-12-2010, 12:07 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyDude View Post
Glad you could share your ride report with us gg3. I had the same problem with the rear brake pedal on mine. Couldn't get it low enough. I ended up taking the threaded rod off the rear brake pump and cutting about 3-4 mm off the threaded end for better adjustment.
The suspension is awesome that for sure. My back end is 'breaking in' nicely compared to my front which was done by LT Racing
The whole bike just keeps getting better after every ride. Who needs a 'Magic Button' this bike start first kick almost every time.
Thanks,will do the same on the rear brake pedal.Exactly what did LTR do to the forks & to what effect?

Old 04-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg3 View Post
Thanks,will do the same on the rear brake pedal.Exactly what did LTR do to the forks & to what effect?
He did a re-valve and machined some internal parts I'm sure there is much more. All I know is what ever he did I wish I had done on all my others bikes that's for sure.

Here is some good reading SACHS 48 mm FORK

The difference from normal shocks (only referring to other bikes owned, had forks done before I rode with stock set up) Riding at a normal speeds the forks suck up all the little bumps, rock, roots etc. Like they're not even there. Yet when you ride hard they work like they should.
How he gets them to work perfectly through out all operations is beyond me. But he did. And I'm a happy camper.
07 TXT 280
77 TY175
Old 04-13-2010, 01:05 AM

Quote:
He did a re-valve and machined some internal parts I'm sure there is much more. All I know is what ever he did I wish I had done on all my others bikes that's for sure.

Here is some good reading SACHS 48 mm FORK

The difference from normal shocks (only referring to other bikes owned, had forks done before I rode with stock set up) Riding at a normal speeds the forks suck up all the little bumps, rock, roots etc. Like they're not even there. Yet when you ride hard they work like they should.
How he gets them to work perfectly through out all operations is beyond me. But he did. And I'm a happy camper.
Thanks.I will run about 10hrs on them & decide whether to do any work on them.Right now I love them & wouldn't know what to change,they seem to do everything well.Just need to get some air bleeders.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg3 View Post
Thanks.I will run about 10hrs on them & decide whether to do any work on them.Right now I love them & wouldn't know what to change,they seem to do everything well.Just need to get some air bleeders.
While Les was working on mine, he also installed some Auto bleeders. Don't know why Sach never installed them while making their shocks when it is such an important part of tuning your suspension.
You would think they would include them like Husky did on all the Marzocchi forks on the 2009 models.
07 TXT 280
77 TY175

Last edited by HuskyDude; 05-12-2010 at 06:16 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:54 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
While Les was working on mine, he also installed some bleeders. Don't know why Sach never installed them while making their shocks when it is such an important part of tuning your suspension.
You would think they would include them like Husky did on all the Marzocchi forks on the 2009 models.
Am i right in assuming that you are saying that the GG forks do not have a bleed screw to relieve the air buildup in the forks?
Old 05-11-2010, 11:03 PM

You'd be wrong if you made the assumption ... the bleed screws that the Sachs forks come with have a ridiculously tiny hex head screw, so the trick is to get proper bleeders installed - then you get one-push pressure relief instead of trying to mess around with a little biddy screw.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 05-11-2010, 11:11 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

ok thought that would have been a serious design flaw if that was the case
Old 05-16-2010, 01:21 AM

He's right on with the small fiddelly bleeder screw.Have 12 hrs on the bike now so need to take it in for a warranty service.I have gone 3 clicks harder on the front compression & 2 clicks on the rebound to slow it down.Now Working even better.The back just does it's thing with no funny business.Todays ride was on wet clay/rock & pine forest with plenty of exposed roots.Real slippery stuff but once I got the knack of changing up quicker than usual & letting the bottom end lug it around,it was fine.The bike handled all the roots & logs perfectly while taking the bigger hits on the open farm land sections.So another big tick in the terrain test box.Nothing negative to report so far.ummm? Air filter a bit vague getting it seated properly if I had to find a problem.But that could be me.We are going into winter & the stock tyre is just not doin it.Threw the back in favour of a Metzler MC5 but kept the front which is going well.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator

Hey gg3,
Glad the bike is working out so nice for ya...it just keeps getting better doesn't it.
I thought the air filter set up was pretty innovated, at least compared to anything Husky has to offer. Man you should see theirs.
07 TXT 280
77 TY175