Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Tell us all the gorey details!

Old 09-14-2015, 05:46 PM

Default Race Report

So I figured I would post up a race report since I hadn't done one in a while.

Sunday was round 9 of the IXCR and it was to be raced on a brand new property that had no existing trail on it. The weather couldn't have been any better. When I woke up it was a cool 45*f with a forecast high of 70! My season has been going really well so far and I seem to be getting faster every race and the results are showing. I won the last round and had had a couple of top 3 finishes in the last few races. I was feeling confident about this one until I lined up and noticed 3 or 4 of the guys that I have not been able to beat this year all showed up for this one. When the green flag waved I got the ol gasser fired faster than I ever had and lead the pack into the first turn but got pushed a little wide and went into the woods in 3rd. behind all the guys I haven't been able to beat. So I just settled in to a comfortable pace and didn't get excited. I wasn't pushing hard at all and all of the sudden about halfway through the first lap I found myself in the lead! I still have one of the other guys from my class breathing down my back though. When we came to the pro hill I shot right up the steep slick off camber nightmare with no troubles and when I got to the top I noticed it was quiet behind me. I guess ol boy had trouble on the hill and that was the last I seen of him or anyone else in my class. I rode a flawless race until about halfway through the last lap when I messed up on the pro hill and cost myself about 2 minutes. Lucky for me I had built up a 2.5 minute lead and was able to hang on for the win with :20 to spare. So in the end I finished 1st in Vet C and 101 of 257 overall. This leaves me sitting in 2nd with 2 races to go and 8 points behind the leader. Going to be an exciting finish to the year.
http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...image.jpg1.jpg
http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...image.jpg4.jpg
http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...image.jpg3.jpg
http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...image.jpg2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 09-14-2015, 08:37 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Nice Job ! Let us know how you do the next few races for sure .
Old 09-15-2015, 12:13 AM

Congrats.

You need to get to 1st overall in the next two races to show the gasser the podium from the highest possible position.

Good luck and keep us posted !!
Old 09-15-2015, 04:04 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

nice work.Just watched some video of the race,cool race.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:20 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post
So in the end I finished 1st in Vet C and 101 of 257 overall. This leaves me sitting in 2nd with 2 races to go and 8 points behind the leader. Going to be an exciting finish to the year.
Nice memphis

Great job building that lead so you had a buffer when it went pear-shaped for a bit toward the end Cool shots from the race too, looks like that creek crossing would have been pretty tough after a bunch of bikes going through

Looking forward to reading how your season winds up and how you chase down the points leader
Old 09-15-2015, 06:19 PM

Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk