Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Injury & Recovery

Injury & Recovery Injuries, Health Issues, Vision & Body Repair

Old 12-17-2017, 07:41 AM

Good luck and keep up the fight!

16' Specialized Fatboy trail
02' ZRX 1200r R.I.P.
72' Olds 500ci, Batten Heads, Street/Drag car, former CarCraft magazine centerfold (has-been)
15' TW200

Old 12-23-2017, 08:21 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

So my first time in a hospital was not to great and really scared me to go back . Well guys if you are in pain DO NOT put it off . I went for an upper GI test at 8 am monday and was in ER by 10:30 3 days later and a good scare I learned my stomach was twisted like a balloon . I sat in the ER reading about it and it is very rare and very deadly . After a few test mine is only a partial twist so after the holidays we will figure out if they can fix it and how bad it really is . So DO NOT put it off if something is not rite .Thanks for your prayers and have a great holiday season .
Old 12-24-2017, 06:07 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Good advice for all of us. Thanks for checking in. Hope your latest health issues can be fixed fully & quickly.

Best wishes and prayers for a better & healthier New Year for you & family.

RB
Old 04-07-2018, 07:38 PM

Dusted off my trials bike today and took it out for a bit . That is about all I am capable of rite now . I had surgery Feb 12th and so far still not able to gain any weight 125 pounds 6"1". With one surgery left to do but I am putting it off just because I am sick of being in a hospital. So my trials bikes are going to be my dirt riding for awhile . My other outlet are my MP3 500cc n my BV350 scooters I am hooked on these great rode bikes . People live life like it is your last day alive because you never know .
Old 04-12-2018, 04:12 PM

Just take care of yourself and get some strength back!
Old 06-26-2018, 05:00 PM

Angry

Doctors orders gain some weight and get in shape , so I am riding my trials bike 3 days a week and started doing some pushups and stuff . Turns out that trials riding does not effect my body in the adverse ways that my enduro and rode bikes do . I knew that my body was telling me something else was not rite so I went to a Nuerologist and was diagnosed with Parkinsons . So as far as medicine for a treatment it is just plain nasty and my doctor told me to add some weight at 6 '1; and now up to 137 pounds And work out . So I am in a club that has a great track about 14 miles away that has a professional hillclimb on it. So it is a steep and challenging track that I can go to at 5:30 am ride an hour or so and be at work on time . The only real problem and it is painful with enduro and road bikes is that my hands and legs cramp really bad . A short road ride today resulted in being stuck in my house resting waiting for these cramps to go away . My doctor prescribed Rasagiline WOW the side effects are flat out scary ! So now I take Magnezium , Potassiam , pickle juice , trace minerals and drink lots of water some with carb gain power .I am also using Theraworx foam but am still getting bad cramps sometimes . And it really makes me want to ride my trials bike more and that is the good coming out of a few tough years .
Old 06-26-2018, 07:15 PM

Tom, you are still in my prayers.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1999 GG EC 250 Six Days
1999 Cagiva Gran Canyon
2001 Aprilia Falco
2001 Triumph Speed Triple for my 20 year old
2000 GG XC250 for my 20 year old
2003 Honda Rancher 350 for the wife
Old 12-13-2018, 08:48 PM

I hope you get things sorted out soon Dirt Dud. I'm 3 years down the road from finding out I had a clogged heart initially to finding out I have Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy and now it's become obstructive and I need to have a Septal Myectomy. I just missed my surgery date on Dec 6th due to a bad cold and now have a chest infection. Hopefully I can get fixed in the new year, so I can get my life back on track.