Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 08-18-2011, 05:08 PM

Default Scar Footpegs

I figured I better write a review now that Scar Footpegs are availible in the US. I bought a WEC bike back in 06 from GoFasters. On it was a set of these Scar footpegs. They were not real wide but the aluminum pegs looked cool and the traction looked great. I figured I would run them until the broke (which I figured would happen very quickly being they are aluminum).

I ran them the rest of the season including the New York WEC and even brought them to Chile for the 07 ISDE. My impression of the the pegs are that the traction was outstanding. You have to lift you foot up to move your feet. That to me is important. I also run fastways and IMS and those pegs have nowhere near the traction.

Another thing that supprised me was the durability of the pegs. I ground them through the rocks, stumps, and sand for the next few years and did not bend or shear them off. I did lose a few teeth but mostly from the kick starter hitting the peg. Probably my biggest complaint was the fact I could not buy them in the US and the fact that they were narrow.

This year I found out GoFasters could get them and they came in different colors and finally they had a wider size. I went with the non anodized wider pegs with the spikes. I have almost a complete season on them with my 152 and I love them even more than the originals I ran the last couple years.

Brian

Old 08-19-2011, 11:02 PM

Let me give this thread some added value.

http://www.scar-racing.com/product/1...-repose-pieds/

Old 08-20-2011, 08:48 AM

More added thread value , I bought these a couple of years ago , they are holding up well . They appear to be the same for a lot less $$ and they are available in the US

http://zapdistribution.com/en/3-zap-x-peg-footpegs-
Old 08-23-2011, 01:09 PM

http://www.gofasters.com/productlist...atalogId=-2231
Old 08-27-2011, 08:35 AM

Really good article in Dirt Rider on a footpeg comparison. It is very much an individual preference, but the Scar pegs rated well. I like my Pivot Pegs, which is unusual since I ride several other bikes with standard pegs. I hope I never get too picky about setup...

'13 Beta 300RR - race bike
'02 GG300XC - "Billie Baroo"
'01 DR650
'02 GG 280 Pro
'06 YZ 250
'07 WR450
'00 TT125RL
'94 YZ200 - custom keeper