Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Old 08-16-2012, 05:18 AM

Default Section 4 Rattlesnake national enduro in Pennsylvania

Row one was tough to see were we needed to go. Big thunderstorm made any scratchings from club riders disappear. All in all one of the better enduros we have done. We lost our ass in section 3 when we missed a turn flipped around to get back on the trail and a mile or so later row 3 and 4 are poping out in front of me. They missed the same turn but went up a bit more and found the trail we looped out on that perpendiculared it. I guess everybody (98 rows) did the same thing after that so we lost alot of time and it didnt get thrown out for just 6 or 7 of us that rode the correct mileage. Owell, i did see a big black bear in section 5 running from me which was cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=fQX9JY0DF84

Old 08-16-2012, 08:07 AM

Nice video! Looks a lot better than the rutted mess and bottlenecks that beat the crap out of me back on #99! I love that run, been going for many years, but if its a national next year and I get a late number I'll just pass. That part was my fault. There is actually more grass track when its not run as a national, the entire center of that field where the pro pits and reserved camping were is usually used, and camping is up top and in the back section.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:50 AM

I didn't watch the video 'cause my internet connection sucks and it would take a day or so to download 23 minutes!

Although I didn't race, I loved the venue. It's a beautiful place! I did get to ride the grass track and a little woods during the KTM demo ride though. I'm not sure I'd enjoy racing there with so many hidden rocks and trail trash under the ferns. Now if I was just trail riding, you'd probably have to pry my hands off of my dirt bike.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:39 AM

That woods section by the camground is beat up, and full of greasy roots and stumps, as its one of the constants in the course year to year. The trails in the state forest up there are primo on a reasonable number if it does not rain too hard too soon before the event.

Rattlesnake is the least rocky run in PA. The club found and cut that A/B section for the national, the rest is not like that. There are some real rocky ball busters like Foggy Mountain and Michaux. Suspension is everything. Michaux is like home to me so I may go and shoot some video.

Never leave the trail and ride in the ferns/grass to make a pass.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:37 PM

Yea i wll def go back to that one. I enjoyed that alot better than racing down south, especially SC. I talked to the club pres on the phone to let him know about the sec 3 missed mileage and to let him know how much fun i had, he said there is another club in pa and ny in the runnings for a national next yr so they may not get it.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Good riding mate! Looks like a blast and bike seems to be running super clean. How've you set the carb up? Would love to ride something like that. I think its time to plan a word tour!
Old 08-18-2012, 08:44 PM

Yea the bike is running great down low. Wide open is seems too rich. Im going to go down a size on the main and raise the needle one clip. That sould get me damn close to what i need.