Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:47 PM

Default Plastic Availability

Had a really good ride yesterday, but unfortunately had a tip over in some roots and rocks causing my left side panel to break. When doing a Google search for GasGas plastics, almost all the results are in Europe. Are there any shops/dealers in the US that have 01-06 EC plastic? I have an enduro race coming up next weekend and would like to purchase a replacement panel now. Any suggestions?

1974 XL125

Old 04-26-2015, 06:21 PM

polisport is gasgas oem (to my understanding) here is the product link on there site: http://www.polisport.com/motorbikes/...os.php?ID=6980

you can use the distributes link on there site to find ps dealer near you after that they should be able to order it for you.

as for getting the plastics soon i would try local gas gas dealers i dont thing the ps dealer will carry gas gas things on hand. if worst come to worst is it possible to patch back up?

Last edited by liamthom; 04-26-2015 at 06:31 PM. Reason: should have read the entire post before posting...
Old 04-26-2015, 07:16 PM

Thanks for the link. I saw that earlier also. Was hoping to find something on net or find a shop that had one in stock so I could order with fast shipping. I am going to contact my local Oregon dealers to see what they have available. I can't patch it. Was a clean break. Might have to go "Mad Max" style at the race.
1974 XL125
Old 04-26-2015, 08:54 PM

well if it rains you or is muddy you could get water and bog in the engine. i feel like duct tape would even be better than nothing.. unless that is what you mean by mad max style. i honestly don't know
Old 04-26-2015, 10:15 PM

Ya, that's what I meant. Duct tape, zip tie stitching...you get the picture. Hoping to find something this week.
1974 XL125
Old 04-27-2015, 12:50 AM
Administrator

Largest stock of gasgas parts in the United States is Hall's Cycle. www.halls-cycles.com

jeff
Old 04-27-2015, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRRacing View Post
Ya, that's what I meant. Duct tape, zip tie stitching...you get the picture. Hoping to find something this week.
I have used 5-minute, two-part epoxy and cloth in a pinch to do these type of repairs. Mix the epoxy thoroughly and then completely cover, or "soak" the cloth in the epoxy. You can then apply the still flexible epoxy/cloth to the surface and it should bond well and will provide a water tight barrier. I would apply one to both sides of the break (front and back). Just a thought, if you run out of options.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:49 PM

Ordered new panel today from Bill's in Salem, OR. Should have it in 3 days. I'm all about supporting the local shop and Bill's has excellent customer service, but it's frustrating that as a GasGas owner that I have to go back to 1985 and call and order my parts the old fashioned way. Technology is very convenient. I love the fact that one can get online, find what you need or want, add to cart, select shipping option, pay, and it's at your doorstep a few days later. Why is it when I Google search GasGas parts, there are dozens of European shops that are set up that way. I hope the US GasGas parts availability gets better with online shopping convenience.
1974 XL125
Old 04-27-2015, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRRacing View Post
Ordered new panel today from Bill's in Salem, OR. Should have it in 3 days. I'm all about supporting the local shop and Bill's has excellent customer service, but it's frustrating that as a GasGas owner that I have to go back to 1985 and call and order my parts the old fashioned way. Technology is very convenient. I love the fact that one can get online, find what you need or want, add to cart, select shipping option, pay, and it's at your doorstep a few days later. Why is it when I Google search GasGas parts, there are dozens of European shops that are set up that way. I hope the US GasGas parts availability gets better with online shopping convenience.
Eeeeeyup, completely agree. BetaUSA/dealers have it figured out, hope GG does soon...