Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Injury & Recovery

Injury & Recovery Injuries, Health Issues, Vision & Body Repair

Old 11-11-2015, 06:42 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

All at the above plus

Seat time - seat time - seat time and more seat time and a set of flexx bars will help you with your wrist and shoulders

Old 11-11-2015, 09:48 PM

Doing activities that beat the crap out of your body is the way to go.
Cross training and getting your body used to recovering.

Good cardio will allow you to relax.Flexibility decreases muscle and joint fatigue.
Time on the bike is good.But you can go weeks without riding and still kickass without feeling beat to crap if you cross train.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:21 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forestgrump View Post
Well, I've been doing medical research for 32 years. After every hard ride, race, work party or day at motocross track. I take 4 200mg Advil's and start drinking beer. The beer ALWAYS gets the job done first. 4 200mg Advil's equals a Tylenol 3 with Codine. Source, from my Dentist. Forest
Advil-Don't get it here but I think I need 2 BEFORE every ride.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:11 PM

I stretch before I ride. Helps a lot.

1999 GG EC 250 Six Days
1999 Cagiva Gran Canyon
2001 Aprilia Falco
2001 Triumph Speed Triple for my 20 year old
2000 GG XC250 for my 20 year old
2003 Honda Rancher 350 for the wife
Old 11-12-2015, 01:38 PM

Thank you all for the good replies.

Unfortunately I might be up crap creek without a paddle now. Just got back from the Doctors office.

I have been referred to an Orthopedic Surgeon!

Seem my feeling to pain is rather high, as the Dr put it. I have torn something in my shoulder. She was surprised I could even put my shirt on......

Either way, surgery is a 90% probability. Also was told riding will be out of the question once I recover, repeat injuries are easy. If it's not one thing it's another!
Old 11-12-2015, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Bravo View Post
Thank you all for the good replies.

Unfortunately I might be up crap creek without a paddle now. Just got back from the Doctors office.

I have been referred to an Orthopedic Surgeon!

Seem my feeling to pain is rather high, as the Dr put it. I have torn something in my shoulder. She was surprised I could even put my shirt on......

Either way, surgery is a 90% probability. Also was told riding will be out of the question once I recover, repeat injuries are easy. If it's not one thing it's another!
I would go see an orthopedic surgeon that specializes in sports medicine. I find it suspect that a doctor would tell you that there is a 90% probability that your shoulder requires surgery without having attempted rehabilitation with physical therapy, or even seeing an MRI. Even more disconcerting is that the doc has told you that riding "is out of the question" without having even diagnosed the problem. I have had a plethora of shoulder issues in the past, and they have always responded to physical therapy after seeing an Ortho doc I trust (barring the shattered clavicle).
Old 11-12-2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob 'Berg View Post
I would go see an orthopedic surgeon that specializes in sports medicine. I find it suspect that a doctor would tell you that there is a 90% probability that your shoulder requires surgery without having attempted rehabilitation with physical therapy, or even seeing an MRI. Even more disconcerting is that the doc has told you that riding "is out of the question" without having even diagnosed the problem. I have had a plethora of shoulder issues in the past, and they have always responded to physical therapy after seeing an Ortho doc I trust (barring the shattered clavicle).
This shoulder has been an issue since I got hurt in Afghanistan. So I am not surprised. I have done PT in the past.

I'm going to do what I can and see the Ortho, finger crossed PT will help this time around. Last time it didn't, I just lived with the pain and my new pain scales was a 5 replaced 0. Chronic pain sucks, but sitting at home sucks more. Fingers crossed and praying I can deal with this. But right now, I can't pick something up that's not directly in front of me. I trust my Dr, she has been right on 99% of the issues I have had so far.
Old 12-05-2015, 07:17 AM

Good news finally.

Nothing is torn, but they can't explain the popping and grinding. However, I got a cortisone shot, not most pleasant but not horrible experience.

So far it seems to be working, each day the stabbing pain is leaving and I have my range of movement back. Another couple of weeks I just might hope on bike again!

Old 12-05-2015, 09:08 PM

You are at the start of frozen shoulder. Look it up and find a physiotherapist that had worked with FS before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk