Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Injury & Recovery

Injury & Recovery Injuries, Health Issues, Vision & Body Repair

Old 02-14-2017, 09:06 AM

Cancer survivor here, you'll look at life differently from now on. Keep your head up and good luck!

16' Specialized Fatboy trail
02' ZRX 1200r R.I.P.
72' Olds 500ci, Batten Heads, Street/Drag car, former CarCraft magazine centerfold (has-been)
15' TW200

Old 03-27-2017, 04:25 PM

Default Prostate cancer

Well I had it removed last Thursday, 23rd feeling like I have the flu now with the aches and abdominal pain, lots of spasms the day after, but starting to get those fleeting moments of feelling real good. Doc says lymph nodes are ok an no cancer spread, will find out for sure on next blood work. Slowly starting to walk around for a bit every hour and am having jp drain and catheter removed this Thursday. I'll keep you guys posted and am going to take it slow. If I go by doc's orders will be back riding this summer. thanks again for the good wishes.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:21 AM
Super Moderator

Speedy recovery mate!
Old 03-28-2017, 04:38 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by flognart View Post
Well I had it removed last Thursday, 23rd feeling like I have the flu now with the aches and abdominal pain, lots of spasms the day after, but starting to get those fleeting moments of feelling real good. Doc says lymph nodes are ok an no cancer spread, will find out for sure on next blood work. Slowly starting to walk around for a bit every hour and am having jp drain and catheter removed this Thursday. I'll keep you guys posted and am going to take it slow. If I go by doc's orders will be back riding this summer. thanks again for the good wishes.
The 'nodes are great news. Congrats! Definitely follow the doc's instructions, I'm sure you'll be back in the saddle soon.

RB
Old 03-28-2017, 08:27 PM

My dad had his removed about 2 years ago, alls well he is almost 70 and still rides the trails in Kittaning Pa. You may not be riding 3 months after surgury but you will be riding within the year Id bet. best wishes.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:14 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

That's great news flognart. Follow the plan and you'll be back at it soon.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:23 PM

Default Prostate update

After 5 weeks of eating right and walking, up to 6 miles a day, April 30th I felt like I had the flu out of the blue, started getting a fever and could hold my urine, now I am one of those blockheads that worked in the mines with walking pneumonia and went to work 4 weeks after blowing my left elbow apart (I figured I could shovel with one arm). This was bad, the second day I told the wife I gotta go to the e room at the local hospital, they did a ct scan and shipped me to the hospital where I had my operation, I had an abcess 9.5 cm by 3.5 cm squeezing my bladder, had it drained and they kept me 6 days pumping antibiotics in me. Home now starting the walk routine again feeling much better. That was some real pain and I thought I was tough but now that its past I see it as a bump in the road, will be riding as soon as I am cleared to and them pesky 18 GG pics are starting to get to me, giving me something to shoot for lol. I want to thank all for best wishes and hope to be on the trails late summer early fall. I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:51 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

keep it up!

what is eating right? I have read some good things regarding a Banting diet (google real meal revolution) and starvation of cancer cells. I did it for a few months and lost a lot of weight and all sorts of other little niggles stopped (hayfever, post nasal drip etc) and generally felt healthier. Also more energy while riding. Uinfortunately i wasn't supported by my wife or kids so fell back into the normal diet, but still try to stay away from carbs and sugar
Old 05-17-2017, 03:13 AM

Hi Swazi, More veggies, almost no dairy, cutting way back on sugars, 4oz red meat 4 times a week, very lean, baked chicken and fish on other days. snacking on green leafy vegetables. Drinking at least 64 oz water throughout the day. Moderate carb intake. Lost 10 lbs first 5 weeks but I am quite sure walking was half of that. Trying to fit in a little so not to put a big burden on family and they respect that. Like I say feeling good so I'll keep at it for now.
Old 06-02-2017, 11:52 PM

Took a 5 mile ride on the Gas Gas June 1st on fairly smooth terrain some holes up and down hills lots of roots and felt good, little tender on the butt at first but felt good toward the end. It was with the Docs blessing and it felt great!