Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:44 PM

Default Quiet?

Is it just me or is this forum getting quieter with less activity?

Are people not buying GG's, moving away from them or is everyone riding less due to the credit crunch?

'95 ish XR630 (died many times in Oz)

Old 08-14-2009, 04:11 PM

Don't know exactly why its quiet but seems over the years of riding life gets busy for most of us during the summer and I suspect money is tight for alot of folks including me but I believe its the summer HEAT that keeps alot of guys away from riding most of them puss out and wait for it to get cool.

Me, I like riding more during the summer than winter, cold weather SUCKS, cool weather is a bonus and a ride right after a summer rain rules.

Going riding again Sunday should be in the lower 90's with chance of rain, oh I live in Florida there's always a chance of rain

Ron
Old 08-14-2009, 04:31 PM

GasGas is growing up here - but we're all too busy riding to post online. Eat, sleep, ride. Well, and maybe work a little to afford it all.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:06 PM

I think it's growing here in New England. I went to a turkey run in Maine last week and there were probably 10-12 GG's there. In years past I had only seen 1-3 show up.

I usually don't know what to post. Maybe I should post some pics of all the sand and water I will be pulling out of my engine this weekend from drowning it on the turkey run.

GG's are like people they don't breathe well under water.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:07 PM

i think its also because most faqs have been answered for most models already. most info ive needed was in old posts, or stickys.
i personally have no life, and spend most of my free time online, so i check a few dozen times a day

FOR THE SECOND TIME 07 EC300 polisport headlight, acerbis taillight ltr pv cover and case saver,trailtech endurance,120z fww, g2 throttle,xr chain puck:
Old 08-14-2009, 05:22 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

watch it every day, but my gg knowledge is very limited... I had a guy just buy the 250 gg i had, he wanted it when i bought it. And a friend of his bought the other 300 that was here in town. so in selling mine, another got sold as a riding partner...
I really like my 300, the 250 was just different to me. I bought it for my son to ride and he has moved out and is too busy.... so I am in the market for another and watch the classifieds.. Would really like an e start 4 stk...

love the sight
there does not seem to be the "problems" on this site some others have..
Old 08-14-2009, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by einsteingarage View Post
I think it's growing here in New England. I went to a turkey run in Maine last week and there were probably 10-12 GG's there. In years past I had only seen 1-3 show up.

I usually don't know what to post. Maybe I should post some pics of all the sand and water I will be pulling out of my engine this weekend from drowning it on the turkey run.

GG's are like people they don't breathe well under water.
did you drown it in the last longish puddle that took up the whole woods road toward the end of the ride?? It had some netra arrows that pointed to a right side go around that dropped you into about 3 feet of water. It also had a left side go around that worked well. Some dude on a ktm went blasting by me about 200 yrds before the puddle and when i came around the turn he was in water up to his seat!! I did the left side and came away unscathed!!
Old 08-14-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid jackson View Post
did you drown it in the last longish puddle that took up the whole woods road toward the end of the ride?? It had some netra arrows that pointed to a right side go around that dropped you into about 3 feet of water. It also had a left side go around that worked well. Some dude on a ktm went blasting by me about 200 yrds before the puddle and when i came around the turn he was in water up to his seat!! I did the left side and came away unscathed!!

Yup that was it. I went straight through the middle about 2 feet in and 3feet down. Then I pushed it through the water. Pulled the plug and the drain in the bottom, squeezed the air filter out and it fired up. The only problem was it still sounded funny but not related to the cylinder. I have checked the cylinder and piston and they look good so now on to the rest of the motor. I will post what I find. The airbox looks like a beach.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:31 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I am on the computer much less in the summer. I ride bicycles in the evenings at times. In fact, during the heat of summer, I park the Gasser and ride my mountain bike. It's the whole reason I bought a mountain bike, because they claim fire danger, on a predetermined date, even if it's raining. It really ticks me off. Soo, in order to ride, I must pedal. It's a whole new thing too, unfortunately I'm pretty much a goober on a mt bike. The clipless pedals still have me a bit freaked out, but I'm catching on. I'm sure as I get closer to 10 rides on, I'll be much better.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 08-15-2009, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roostafish View Post
The clipless pedals still have me a bit freaked out, but I'm catching on. I'm sure as I get closer to 10 rides on, I'll be much better.
Dump the clipless pedals, get some 5.10 shoes and good flat pedals and you're set to go. These shoes have a great sticky bottoms that hold to pedals really good and are very comfy and well made. Originally developed by a rock climber.

http://www.fiveten.com/ Look under the "Freeride" section for the bike shoes. I use the Low Impact model.

http://www.straitlinecomponents.com/products/pedals.php I bought these after researching the crap out of pedals. Expensive yes but they are very simple, totally awesome pedals and made in Canada. I put in shorter SS set screws than the lethal pins they come with and they still work great. Oh yeah...GET shin guards if using flat pedals with pins. I use the Six Six One Veggie shin guards and don't even notice they are on.

I have found the mtn. biking to be a fantastic cross training tool for riding besides just being totally fun....and something else to maintain