Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:34 PM

Default Did GoFasters drop GasGas support?

Just noticed their OEM part finder no longer shows GasGas.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:27 AM

I am surprised that a member with such a high post count is still fooled by the yo-yo of resurrection/ self inflicted mortal wounds. This is the 2016 Gas Gas momentum killing executive decision. Make certain that people can only buy last year's bike and make certain that no one can get parts for the bike that they have. I guess the new norm is calling every dealer in the states to see if they have the part you need stuffed in a shoe box in their warehouse and then begging them to ship it directly to you. The best you may be able to do is have it shipped to a dealer next to you (wherever that may be) and hope to have the part transported by carrier mule to your hateful neighbor's house. The fact that you have to beg for a part is part of the prestige. They are doing this to strengthen the bond between you and your nearest dealer and strengthen the bond between you and your hateful neighbor.

Think of is as an abusive version of pokemon go. Where every time a part needs to be replaced you have to search the country only to be punched in the balls on ride/race day.

By putting up with the abuse you demonstrate your love.

You can buy over 200 million items on amazon with one click and have them delivered to door. With Gas Gas you can buy almost 200 with 300 clicks, 4 calls, six transactions, three prayers, and the dream of owing a CNC machine and all the CAD files to build parts at home.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_j View Post
I am surprised that a member with such a high post count is still fooled by the yo-yo of resurrection/ self inflicted mortal wounds. This is the 2016 Gas Gas momentum killing executive decision. Make certain that people can only buy last year's bike and make certain that no one can get parts for the bike that they have. I guess the new norm is calling every dealer in the states to see if they have the part you need stuffed in a shoe box in their warehouse and then begging them to ship it directly to you. The best you may be able to do is have it shipped to a dealer next to you (wherever that may be) and hope to have the part transported by carrier mule to your hateful neighbor's house. The fact that you have to beg for a part is part of the prestige. They are doing this to strengthen the bond between you and your nearest dealer and strengthen the bond between you and your hateful neighbor.

Think of is as an abusive version of pokemon go. Where every time a part needs to be replaced you have to search the country only to be punched in the balls on ride/race day.

By putting up with the abuse you demonstrate your love.

You can buy over 200 million items on amazon with one click and have them delivered to door. With Gas Gas you can buy almost 200 with 300 clicks, 4 calls, six transactions, three prayers, and the dream of owing a CNC machine and all the CAD files to build parts at home.
Where we would we be if the brand were truly dead? Better off? Give it time. Reserve judgment until they have their plans in place. In the short term I am sure it is not ideal for everyone. In the long term hopefully it is better for the brand and us, the consumer. If not, there are other manufacturers of dirt bikes out there...If you want your dirt bike parts on call like Amazon, you can always buy a KTM.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGRider01 View Post
I believe the parts fiche are now on the official Gas Gas NA website?
Old 07-22-2016, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob 'Berg View Post
Where we would we be if the brand were truly dead? Better off? Give it time. Reserve judgment until they have their plans in place. In the short term I am sure it is not ideal for everyone. In the long term hopefully it is better for the brand and us, the consumer. If not, there are other manufacturers of dirt bikes out there...If you want your dirt bike parts on call like Amazon, you can always buy a KTM.
I have some parts waiting for me at my hateful neighbor's house so don't question my faith.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob 'Berg View Post
you can always buy a KTM.
Too late I already have, anyone want to buy my gas gas?
Old 07-22-2016, 10:10 AM

Ouch...The pain of gasgas resurrection is still fresh.. and yes it's all still brand new wounds not healed yet .. Are any of the 17's available yet? It's all still new coming back from the dead. I have Beta but still urging ..watching for the come back.. still have my 01 gasgas 300 and hoping the 17's are done right..and that the parts supply comes back to normal in due time.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:29 AM

Anybody that buys these small motorcycle manufacturing brands knew-knows what they are-were getting into.

If you want it now.If you want it in 20 years buy Japanese.
Our diehard GasGas rep chased the money.
Send him a message Im sure he will hook you up.

Of course youll be riding what everybody else is riding.

You cant have it both ways.Thats the message.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Jeez man. This is old news....

Look on halls cycles to order parts on line. They have a huge parts stock and always have.

Otherwise talk to your local dealer. They need your business too... :-)

Jeff
Old 07-22-2016, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGRider01 View Post
Mark Berg of gofasters is now working directly for torrot. Torrot purchased gasgas assets during bunkruptcy of gasgas motos.

Parts distribution has moved to factory owned warehouse. Parts are no longer distributed through GoFasters location. You now purchase your parts directly from dealers in United States.

Jeff