Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:08 PM

Default advice on slow starting and clutch issue

Could I get some pointers on 2 of my current issues with a 2009 300ec?
1. I havent noticed any issues or change in getting the bike started but after a few minutes warming up when I go to take off the bike feels completly sluggish like something is stuck or siezed. It seems to loosen up fine after a few minuets of gentle riding and feeding it afew geers. It had been pretty cold so someone thought a carb problem, but now its warmed up its still doesnt feel right.
On the last race I did it didnt feel right either do when running, felt like either too kuch power or none at all. Is the power valve the first thing to check? She is due a piston anyway.
2. Second issue, could be related hence two issues in one posts. Ive had a good bit of clutch bother. All new plates and springs about 40 hrs ago, then new fibers about 15 hrs ago plus a master cylinder rebuild and a fix to the push rod, then oil changed with a good brand about 6 hrs ago. But again at my last race I thought id rode clean enough and not abused the clutch too much, but after gettin a bit stuck in a sloppy forest section and riding the clutch a lot, it started to creap forward even with the lever completly in. I got out of the section and then tryed to take it easy and ride smooth staying off the clutch and riding with the throttle. So finished ok just too slow!
Can someone please advise me what could be causing this creeping and ciuld the issues be related?
Thamks in advance.