Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Old 02-17-2014, 06:09 AM

Default Got out for a rip on the weekend

I must say, winter trail riding is a lot more fun than riding on the ice oval.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=PWefTQAbQwE

Old 02-17-2014, 02:48 PM

Yea - nice little vid. Ive been off-roading a year. And no snow this year in the UK means im still a snow-virgin

And: Im not averse to falling off. Infact i have more than my fair share. And there are certain places i dont really mind coming off. But: THAT COLD STREAM AINT ONE OF THOSE PLACES ! Burghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that looks cold
Old 02-17-2014, 03:35 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Nice

Do you guys run studded tires for trail riding in the winter months? I know a bunch of guys here in the PNW do that when the trails get some snow, though I doubt we're dealing with anything like you do up in Canada.

Traction seemed to be pretty decent in the video, how deep was the snow you were dealing with?
Old 02-18-2014, 05:37 AM

We are running carbide rally studs like they are using in the new england winter hair scrambles series. The best riding conditions are when atv's have the trails packed and well frozen. We just had a good rain, so the tracks are basically ice. Makes for good fast running. We had about a foot of snow, but that just got taken down to a 6 inch crust with the inch of rain we had on Friday. Deep snow is not great for riding, but any frozen hard surface is great. The traction is even great on rocks. It's kind of neat when we ride there in the spring and you can see all our scratches in the rocks. We tell the walkers it's from all the bears....................