Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-12-2008, 11:22 AM

Default GasGas for mx ???

Hello to all, looking for advice/opinion for mx on the Gasser. Quick background, have had '98 MC250 (one of first MC's in country), '99MC250 and a '02 MC250. Since then have been on CR500AF, '05 RM250, , '05 CRF450 and TM 300MX. Back into the evo/vintage stuff these days ('77 Montesa VB250 , '79 Elsinore 250) and want to get a modern ride to practice and ride with my buds (all mx +40 guys). I loved my Gassers for handling, fit (even at 6'2") and the clutch was second to none. Only problem ever had was just couldn't seem to get enough umph out of the motor that you need on these modern mx tracks. I had all the mods I could get at the time, tried multiple pipes etc. Besides I always got a chuckle out of folks coming over at the track and asking " Who makes GasGas....Honda?" Thanks ride safe

Old 07-12-2008, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

What's up? Had not seen you since the '05 (?) Supercross.
Are you still in Houston?

I have a 2007 MC 250 and it plain rips. It has the small flywheel and no lighting coil, so it spools up real fast.

I had to soften up the suspension for riding in the woods.
LT-Racing put softer spring in front and rear.
For MX, it may be perfect.

You are more than welcome to test ride it.

Girard
Old 07-13-2008, 08:49 AM
Site Sponsor

One of the guys that rides through our shop, he posts under here under hasslebri, has a 2007 mc250 with a 300 top-end that will most likely be for sale soon.

The bike has both the RB Designs head and carb mods and some suspension work. At the moment the bike has the EC ignition and 18 inch rear wheel. I believe it also has a Minnesota title.

I've attended 21 Six Days as a working Photojournalist
Old 07-14-2008, 07:02 AM

Girard,

Good to hear from you. Still in Houston, always keep a eye out for the GasGasMan at the SX every year. We just haven't been tailgatting as much due to little league baseball always seem to start that weekend. Still just doing the mx thing but not nearly as much as did or prefer to. The MC250 with 300 topend sounds nice , when I ordered my '98 I tried to get a MC300 as GG showed one but never fully came about. Got a call yesterday from a bud that has a pristine '02 CR250 with all the bells and whistles for $1800 for pure mx it's tempting. It's a shame that 2T have nill re-sell value it seems these days.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkyboy View Post
One of the guys that rides through our shop, he posts under here under hasslebri, has a 2007 mc250 with a 300 top-end that will most likely be for sale soon.

The bike has both the RB Designs head and carb mods and some suspension work. At the moment the bike has the EC ignition and 18 inch rear wheel. I believe it also has a Minnesota title.
Thank you for the info, any idea ballpark what he would want for the bike in mx trim ? Sounds like a great combination.