Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 02-02-2009, 04:39 PM

Default Modification/Aftermarket Database

Hey guys,
I was thinking it would be a good idea to create a database similar to the jetting database, only for modifications and aftermarket parts for GasGas bikes. Start off with what conditions you typically ride/race and a little about you (riding style/level/height/weight, etc). Then add what modifications and aftermarket parts you've added, why you did them and what effect they had on your Gasser (good or bad). Eventually we'd have a (hopefully) very complete database for easy reference when people want to modify they're bikes. Maybe include links to detailed reviews on products. Also, I think it might be a good idea to split it up into different categories:

-Engine (internals, pipes, silencers, ignition)
-Protection (skidplates, pipe guards, rad guards, bark busters)
-Chassis (footpegs, seat, wheels, brakes, sprockets, etc)
-Controls (handlebars, shifters, throttle tubes, etc)

What do you guys think? I think it'd be nice to have a quick, easy reference to help find info on the best enduro bikes on the market!

Last edited by SpeedyManiac; 02-05-2009 at 12:46 PM.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:01 PM

Sounds like a great idea. I like the sound of it for sure.
Lifes journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting holy cow what a ride !!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Banned

Would'nt that totally negate the whole point of this forum? Without discussion and to a certain degree verification around the certain points it will become just more volumes of subjective misinformation. As an example how are you going to quantify if one set of fat bars is better than another if there is no discussion? I.M.O.there is allready enough cognitive dissonance regarding personal bike setup.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:51 PM

I would think there would still be discussion, but maybe slightly more organized. Having things organized, people could see what parts may work for them based on what other guys of similar physical size and riding style have done to their bikes. There would still be discussion, but we'd also have a quick reference guide to find what parts are available and what works/doesn't work.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:09 AM

I thought the sub forums addressed that in an organized manner. Jetting is a bit different because it is related to environmental variables that are hard data. Bike setup/mods are a personal choice and the results subjective. If you want, start a thread with a basic description of your bike, mods, and link to a photo in your gallery. I think this was done a few years back to a limited degree. What I like to see is creative solutions to problems, home brew hardware, and sharing of such info. If enough of this existed, it could possibly justify a new forum to consolidate ideas. For now this is covered by Tech Articles, but sometimes people (including me) do not have the time to do a more formal documentation of the subject.