Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > NorthEast United States

NorthEast United States East of the Mississippi River & North of Mason/Dixon Line

Old 05-17-2010, 04:36 PM

Default ster enduro

Anyone one going to it ?. I may help out. They just posted there entry forum.

http://www.ster-mc.org/Enduro/Barbed...10%20Entry.pdf

Old 05-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I went to the link and checked out the entry. A valid license plate and motorcycle drivers license? Really? For a race? Odd. I guess out here in the wild West, where we still fight Indians, we don't suffer from such things. I'd sure love to spend some time out there and do some of your enduros just for fun though. Somehow I'd have to get a plate for my EC 250 though, somewhere, becuase Oregon sure won't issue me one. Well, check that, they did, but they asked for it back.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 05-18-2010, 05:14 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by roostafish View Post
A valid license plate and motorcycle drivers license? Really?

Welcome to the North East. Why do you think KTM has such a strong hold up here? The bikes can be plated easily, and in fact that is why I got a GasGas. All of our enduros run on public roads, and therefore you need a plate and license. We also have special rules called Brand-X, or New England Interval, that are aimed at preventing speeding on road sections.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:45 AM

Thats been the norm in ECEA for years to keep the man happy. Public roads are used as connectors, plus state land is used in most events. In reality, it is not enforced on the course, just at signup. The state cops and most of the rangers are cool as long as your not doing something real stupid. A few years back, nothing was checked and you could slap the plate borrowed from your street bike to your woods bike and go for it.

Since land use is becoming such a problem in recent years, primarily from fear of litigation due to the over breeding of lawyers, the latest trend is toward closed course events where possible. If held entirely in a state park, a "parade permit" is obtained by the club, and the roads in the park are closed. In this case a pure MX bike (with a spark arrestor) is acceptable.

roost, any plate (and registration/insurance) will do. GGs can't be registered in NJ so I have a VT plate.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:20 PM

Many ride it without a MC license. Mine is ATV tagged. For seasonal roads. I have not street title. But a enduro head and tail light. Have not rode a enduro yet though. But plan to. .
Old 05-18-2010, 05:08 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I have the actual Gas Gas lights and turn signals on my bike. The signals aren't hooked up, but it looks the part. I also have a pole tag off of a power pole on the mudflap. So far, 90% of everyone who sees my bike remarks that it has a license plate. I suppose if I travelled East for an Enduro, I could borrow a dealer plate. Which begs the question: Are national enduros, or ISDE qualifiers in the North East also requiring plates?
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 05-19-2010, 05:27 PM

the nationals dont require a plate or license,i raced the shotgun last year,it poured the night before,so bad i didnt dare get out of my truck to setup my tent,just slept in the p/u truck but the trails were very sweet and not muddy at all,ill be going this year as wel
Old 05-19-2010, 07:12 PM

Closed course or private land its no problem, I think the Shotgun is all private. You can ask Cruiser its his club, but I don't think its a national this year. You also don't need street legal lighting even if a plate is reqd. Basic XC/DE lights are fine, any plate with matching registratioin and insurance ID at signup. Not that I encourage such actions, but I've seen people print stuff on there computer to get past the signup girl, after that no one checks.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:50 PM

Havent been to a club meeting in well over a year.. but our enduro is just like all others,, street plate is required,, might get thru tech insp tho depending on who is doing it.. Our HS is a national this year I believe? but not the enduro,, which is just a few weeks away.. Anybody want to help work a check!?!
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone